Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or just post your foot pocket dimensions and all doubt is removed.

I may one day...frankly I think that are too many foot shape variables for that to be super accurate. Just giving depth without slope is not enough, giving width without height differences between sides and middle etc. Plus how is a person going to measure their foot for all of them?

So far when somebody has told me their shoe size and boots used we haven't had a single return. The one return I have gotten has been somebody that ordered a XL based on them using another brand XL... which if asked and told shoe size and boot type I would have said Large.

Does anybody have the foot pocket measurements on theirweb site for fins?

Last edited:
Yes, the F1s are deeper and your foot goes deeper into them. The heels on the shoes in the picture prevent the foot from going all the way in. If I take the shoe off, foot insertion on the F1 is limited by the top of the fin hitting the ankle. The Eddy is limited by the toes hitting the inside of the toe of the fin.

This evening I received my new eddy fins, thank you. They really look great, and honestly I had my doubts before they came. I haven't used them yet but I am confident that they are tough enough for the job and though they are a bit smaller in the blade than I expected, I am comforted by the many reports that they produce a ton of thrust. The spring-cover is super comfy, nice job, though it took me a while to cut the finger loop off so it wasn't too choppy. I flipped it over so the rough edge would catch my heel if it was trying to slip off, rather than the rough parts up where they might catch a line or something. I can't wait to try these out, and get the slime off them...I mean, for the price I am happy to de-slime them myself, but geez, a lot of slime.

For those pondering their size, and not confident that your shoe size means anything, here are the fins that I've found fit me well with a 5mm neoprene booty when diving wet (a little loose but not too loose), OR in my drysuit with neoprene socks and pinnacle (5mm) neoprene boot(nice and snug). I also have a very high arch:

Hollis F1 - regular
Diverite EXP - Large
OMS Slipstream - XL
Deep6 Eddy - L (i might be able to go to XL with the dry boots, but they appear to be ok)
Shoe size: 10 - 11.5 depending on brand

Last edited:
I have never dove the RK3, maybe someone else here has, but just a few general points I notice from comparing online.

Again I can't really speak to the flex characteristics of them compared as I don't have an RK3 to test against. There are several features that both appear to have (positive buoyancy, spring straps standard), I do notice however we have double bolted our spring straps directly to each side of the fin in place of using a single bolt on a plastic clip.

But, you don't use both bolts on each side, right? Mine came with the spring loop on the first bolt, the second bolt not in use. I removed the first bolt on one side of each fin and pushed the spring in to the second bolt to tighten the spring on my foot a tad bit, but I didn't try to force the first bolt back in through the spring, that wouldn't make any sense...right?

Why did you cut the finger loop off instead of switching to the webbing?

Why did you cut the finger loop off instead of switching to the webbing?

I did both. The rubberized part is soft and allowed me to tighten the spring without increasing the pressure on my heel to an uncomfortable degree. I cut the webbing sleeves in thirds and used a third on either side, mostly for looks, but also theoretically to reduce the chance that in some weird situation I pinch something (like a line) with the spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom