Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My XL Hollis F1's are just slightly tighter than I like in width and height. Any recommendation for what size Eddy Fin to get? Thanks
What size shoe do you wear?
Sizing fins by shoe size has never been accurate for me. Fin size is too dependent on the bootie being worn.
So I'd like to get an Eddy Fin based on what I know fits me, i.e. just a bit bigger than an XL F1.

Sizing fins by shoe size has never been accurate for me. Fin size is too dependent on the bootie being worn.
So I'd like to get an Eddy Fin based on what I know fits me, i.e. just a bit bigger than an XL F1.

I don't have an F1 to compare to so I can't offer you much there... The L generally fits size 9-11, with an average size/thickness boot. If your foot size is around 10 or 10.5, and you are wearing a thick drysuit boot, then you might need the XL in this configuration.

Ok, please understand that we don't have, nor will have, every fin on the market to compare our foot pocket to. We are much better working with what size your feet are and what type of boot you are using.

I have regular size F1's, and large Eddys. The fit is similar.

I have regular size F1's, and large Eddys. The fit is similar.
really?? I'm a bit surprised? the arch on our fin for the top of the foot is higher from eyeballing it, the top not as far back towards the part where the top of your foot joins the leg and the bottom should extend further back on the bottom of your foot.

I mean...you have them both, i don't but I did hold them side by side once (I didn't study the F1 foot pocket in depth however)

Can you share pics with them on your foot? Would love to see

Ok, please understand that we don't have, nor will have, every fin on the market to compare our foot pocket to. We are much better working with what size your feet are and what type of boot you are using.
Or just post your foot pocket dimensions and all doubt is removed.

really?? I'm a bit surprised? the arch on our fin for the top of the foot is higher from eyeballing it, the top not as far back towards the part where the top of your foot joins the leg and the bottom should extend further back on the bottom of your foot.

I mean...you have them both, i don't but I did hold them side by side once (I didn't study the F1 foot pocket in depth however)

Can you share pics with them on your foot? Would love to see

Here they are side by side. I dive a Santi drysuit, I'm not suiting up for pictures, lol!

They fit similarly. F1 foot Pocket is deeper. Top of Eddy higher. Like them both a lot. And I hate Jetfins, they hurt my feet. Can't wait to try the negative Eddy.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 154
Ugly, but maybe helpful to others.
IMG_2747.JPG
IMG_2749.JPG
IMG_2750.JPG

In order:
Size 10, USA
Eddy
F1

When not wearing a shoe, bottom of F1 is quite a bit closer to the back of the heel. Darn near all the way back.

Back
Top Bottom