Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last sale only lasted a few days. I'd also recommend ordering ASAP. At this price I really don't see how you could go wrong on a pair of killer fins from an awesome company. Hit the link on my signature line for the website.

That will be a $15,000 pair. My MOQ is 150 of each color/size.

Free shipping however and 149 spare pairs free.

You know....one would think you'd give a guy a break on 100 pairs of fins!!

Anyone knows how these fins compare to the Apeks RK3?

<delete>

Last edited:
I have never dove the RK3, maybe someone else here has, but just a few general points I notice from comparing online.

Just a few points noticed.

The Eddy weighs a little less per fin than the RK3
The Eddy has a redesigned foot pocket that fits a normal foot (the RK3 appears a little more square like all other jet fins).
Our fins are currently priced a bit more competitively.

Again I can't really speak to the flex characteristics of them compared as I don't have an RK3 to test against. There are several features that both appear to have (positive buoyancy, spring straps standard), I do notice however we have double bolted our spring straps directly to each side of the fin in place of using a single bolt on a plastic clip.
Both would probably be good fins for you, but of course, I hope you pick ours, or find someone to compare them in hand.

Cheers,
Landon

@wKkaY having dove both, the Deep 6's are really that much better than anything else on the market. Nothing to do with the blade, EVERYTHING to do with the foot pocket. They kick like the OMS slipstreams, which IMHO are better than any of the jetfin style fins out there, especially the RK3's and their siblings from Poseidon, HOG, and a myriad of other manufacturers that are way to floppy to move anything through the water.
Combine that with the price of the Apeks RK3's and I don't know why anyone would bother buying them... Dive Rite XT's are cheaper and better, OMS slipstreams are cheaper and better, D6 fins are MUCH cheaper and better, hell even the Scubapro Jet Fins are cheaper and better albeit only better if you need/want a negative fin.

Deep6 currently are neutral in fresh, slightly positive in salt with the spring straps. They are releasing a negative version next year.

Back
Top Bottom