Deep Dixie Diver Mega Trip to Key Largo WHEN Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im not Frank... but I am probably (dang its hard to schedule this far in advance) in, especially if Howard still offers to let me ride along.

I'll know more Thursday about the trip. I might have to leave from Auburn AL instead of Huntsville. Well, I'd leave from Huntsville at some point. Just might be the night before, so you got to be gumby-like. If I am taking more bodies than just myself and my son, then I might rent an SUV or something like that. Bad thing, if I rent, I'll be the only driver. Bad thing, very bad thing.

PS 3 college guys in the same condo with me? Worse yet, driving down together. All in different SEC schools? Am I nuts?

Mike S, no answer required.

Denise HELP!!!!!!

Ok, I want to go, and I spoke w/ the wifey and she doesn't mind.

I do have a few questions, however.

Denise, does your hotel cost include the 11.5% tax? Are we going to dive w/ Cristal Clear? They seem to be cheaper than the dive shop you found. Also, the motel they quoted is supposedly real close to the charter.

I did receive some pictures from Cristal Clear with pics of the room. Yes, 2 double beds and a king. It also has a living room w/ 2 couches!

Attachments

• Tavernier dive shop2.gif
    Tavernier dive shop2.gif
    190 KB · Views: 54
  • Keys canal view.gif
    Keys canal view.gif
    129.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Keys suite.gif
    Keys suite.gif
    156.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Keys suite kitchen.gif
    Keys suite kitchen.gif
    148.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Keys suite room1.gif
    Keys suite room1.gif
    166.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Keys suite room1view.gif
    Keys suite room1view.gif
    161.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Keys suite room2.gif
    Keys suite room2.gif
    152.9 KB · Views: 44
Also, chances are it will be just me, so I'd like to ride w/ someone. I don't care who, preferably whoever I'm staying with! <grin>

Who is the coordinator of this trip anyway?

philmottrek99and02:
PS 3 college guys in the same condo with me? Worse yet, driving down together. All in different SEC schools? Am I nuts?

Mike S, no answer required.

Denise HELP!!!!!!

Don't worry.... football season doesn't start till september, that's when we get really rowdy. :14: And this will be after basketball season too, so you should be good.

frankc420:
Ok, I want to go, and I spoke w/ the wifey and she doesn't mind.

I do have a few questions, however.

Denise, does your hotel cost include the 11.5% tax? Are we going to dive w/ Cristal Clear? They seem to be cheaper than the dive shop you found. Also, the motel they quoted is supposedly real close to the charter.

I did receive some pictures from Cristal Clear with pics of the room. Yes, 2 double beds and a king. It also has a living room w/ 2 couches!

Looks pretty good, we could fit at least 5 in that room (assuming 2 people shared the king size :eyebrow: )

I know 5 of them have booked that ocean suite condo, but the rest of us haven't made plans yet. You, myself, and UTmatt (stinkin' vol) are lookin, as is Howard and his son. That's 5 right there. We can do either ocean suites or this place, i don't really care which, but it would appear that cristal clear is a little cheaper, both lodging and diving. We could book different hotels and still dive with the same charter though... assuming they aren't too far apart.

I personally like this place. My college mentality tells me you can fit at least 9 in it (3 in king, two in each double, and one on each couch). That doesnt include people on the floor, which I would be willing to do if it would make it cheaper. Where is Pearl, MS btw? Is it by chance in Northern MS? Might make it easier to meet up.

DawgDiver:
Don't worry.... football season doesn't start till september, that's when we get really rowdy. :14: And this will be after basketball season too, so you should be good.

The only reason you only talk about football season is because thats all you have over there. We have had every program in their respective top 25 in the past year. So remember May will still have me cheering on our baseball and softball teams... we actually play more than one sport over here.

As for the stink... How is it that ol' Glory song goes? 'Glory glory to ol' Georgia... the sesspool of the south!

frankc420:
Ok here's what I just received. Cristal Clear has rooms at Keys Motel for $237.15, each room has a King size bed and 2 double beds.

Diving group discount is $55 per trip for 6+ divers. If we book more than 2 paying dive trips, the price goes down to $50 per trip.

Here's something nice, group leader trips are free. So, that would drop the pricing down for 8 peolple to $48.12 per trip (if everyone paid, including the group leader). Nitrox fills are $12, air is free.

Am I missing some math here... I got 43.75 per trip if we had a $50 trip for 7 people, plus the one free leader. Either way that sounds like an amazing deal. I hope everyone else is wanting to hit the wrecks as much as I am.

Back
Top Bottom