Deep Air Diving - thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reality is what it is. Helium cost in North America is not the same as overseas too. Its easy to sit around and be high and mighty if it doesn't cost much. :wink:

With the rising cost of helium the use of rebreathers and deep air advocates may grow.

The financial incentives for Russia to capture and store helium from natural gas mining operations will also grow.

And at some point the cost will start to damage industry in the US, and the government will wake up and start to do something about increasing reserves (assuming W doesn't appoint himself president for life in the next few months).

The financial incentives for Russia to capture and store helium from natural gas mining operations will also grow.

And at some point the cost will start to damage industry in the US, and the government will wake up and start to do something about increasing reserves (assuming W doesn't appoint himself president for life in the next few months).

Do you have a time frame?
Will it change the price or just stabilize it?
Do I change my Tech Diving outlook according to potential market changes?

fusion

If the helium reserve is exhausted, how can one make?
One way: Helium is a byproduct of natural gas production, just need to "capture it" as per Lamonts post.

... or built a fusion reactor next to your compressor. Nice power byproduct too.

Mr Fusion.

Attachments

• Mrfusion.jpg
    Mrfusion.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 43
Heh Jeff, maybe we can get a deal if we by two RB's at the same time. Then we can train each other..........

Heh Jeff, maybe we can get a deal if we by two RB's at the same time. Then we can train each other..........

Heck, we can save even more money. You get to use the Diluent tank and I will use the O2 tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom