Deep 6 Outfitters live service clinic in the GTA... who's in?

Do you want a Deep 6 service clinic in the GTA?

• TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I'm not in the GTA, but I'm in! Here's my money!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I suck, so... no.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is to say I'm not planning just that? I did post in my reply that lead to this thread that I was. However, the in person is more fun and also will save a few bucks.(doing at par)
I had hoped to have the online class up by spring, it will be $200 USD and also have a lab component that the student will have to book and do (also online) with a Deep 6 service class instructor.

By the way, in what world do people think threatening me with being kidnapped will get me to do something? For that this just moved to a tier lower than anything else priority.

I just figured between the Donair kebabs and Stockholm Syndrome that it would happen sooner rather than later. But I can definitely wait!!!

The lab component part sounds way cool! I never got a chance to go to a Hog class because i’m always on the road. 12 cities in 9 countries over the next year doesn’t leave much room to seek out a regulator class. Being able to schedule lab time is awesome!!!!

@cerich I can't promise a Donair, but I can bring you a Timmies.

I was speaking with a colleague of mine about regulator servicing courses, and mentioned this (pending?) clinic to him. He's also interested in this event - potentially bringing us up to 7 people. However, he currently doesn't have Deep 6 regulators... so the question he has, @cerich , is whether there would (or could) be equipment at such a clinic that he could use for the day.

I was speaking with a colleague of mine about regulator servicing courses, and mentioned this (pending?) clinic to him. He's also interested in this event - potentially bringing us up to 7 people. However, he currently doesn't have Deep 6 regulators... so the question he has, @cerich , is whether there would (or could) be equipment at such a clinic that he could use for the day.
I don't have any either. I was looking at this course as a general interest course.

I have mentioned it to other divers as well, though no one has said they wanted to go. I would think that once we confirm the date for everyone Cerich will let us know what we need to bring. For servicing we certainly will all need O2-compatible lube, service kits, and the right tools and gauges.

Upon reflection, I don't think that I am the ideal candidate for this trg. I don't have any Deep 6 Regs, and I was looking at it as a general interest course. @freename please feel free to remove my name and to add your friend's name to the list. Sorry.

Upon reflection, I don't think that I am the ideal candidate for this trg. I don't have any Deep 6 Regs, and I was looking at it as a general interest course. @freename please feel free to remove my name and to add your friend's name to the list. Sorry.

I'm not sure your perspective isn't necessarily valid but the question, I think, should be answered. If we require our own gear, that's one thing... but if we can use any reg, or if there will be some equipment provided for those who are more interested in this as a "general interest" level, that's another entirely. I wouldn't cross your name off the list quite so quickly...

... but, I think @cerich should be able to clear this up rather than us just speculating.

I'm not sure your perspective isn't necessarily valid but the question, I think, should be answered. If we require our own gear, that's one thing... but if we can use any reg, or if there will be some equipment provided for those who are more interested in this as a "general interest" level, that's another entirely. I wouldn't cross your name off the list quite so quickly...

... but, I think @cerich should be able to clear this up rather than us just speculating.
I would agree. I expect that the course would be accessible and educational as a general interest course, but that those of us who do own Deep6 regs and want to service our own regs in the future will need to have the things I mentioned in order to do it independently. If one does not intend to service their Deep6 regs themselves (or does not have Deep6 regs) I cannot imagine one would need to get all the associated kit. As freename said, Cerich is the one to clear this up.

Ideally the course is directed to those that own Deep 6 Regs. I can't certify someone to work on other brands regs, it isn't cool.
If somebody wants to take the class to learn all they have to do is say something, I have no issue with them attending and learning. Just keep in mind that I am teaching a Deep 6 class so specifics will be my brand specific

I would bring equipment and also encourage those that plan to service their own kit to as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom