Deep 6 Outfitters live service clinic in the GTA... who's in?

Do you want a Deep 6 service clinic in the GTA?

• TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I'm not in the GTA, but I'm in! Here's my money!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I suck, so... no.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like March 3rd or 4th are the preferred dates for the 6 people who expressed interest in this clinic...

By the way, in what world do people think threatening me with being kidnapped will get me to do something? For that this just moved to a tier lower than anything else priority.

Hey now, not so fast... nobody on the list of people who have expressed interest said anything about kidnapping you! That could only be from someone feeling left out, from not throwing their name into the ring of prospective attendees. What do you say, @cerich ... shall we block out our calendars for you?

Really... the only thing we're missing is a specific location - although, since I'm technically now based in Hamilton, I'd probably echo the preference for something nearer the airport myself.

Since I am a month away from my introduction to my new regs and the USB drive that should be in the box, I could not resist downloading the service manual that is now up on their site.
Very cool. Thanks @cerich and co.

I hope you really were not offended by the kidnaping joke.

I would strongly suggest that no one kidnaps @cerich , or suggest that someone does so, pleeeeze! He’s a really cool dude.:D

I’m north east of Toronto (in the burbs) but would be fine with airport area as well.

Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with eastern Toronto? Does it have something to do with Scarberia? Did I mention I live under a rock?

Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with eastern Toronto? Does it have something to do with Scarberia? Did I mention I live under a rock?

For me, it is just the driving distance/time. West is far more convenient to get to from the Hammer. I'm not a native Ontarian, though, so I can't answer your question better than that.

As for the crazy Canuck kidnapping contrivance... isn't @cerich former military? (I'm just judging based on the Deep 6 website... I haven't met the guy - yet)... surely he'd have nothing to fear from the fanatic ravings of his fan base...

For me, it is just the driving distance/time. West is far more convenient to get to from the Hammer. I'm not a native Ontarian, though, so I can't answer your question better than that.

As for the crazy Canuck kidnapping contrivance... isn't @cerich former military? (I'm just judging based on the Deep 6 website... I haven't met the guy - yet)... surely he'd have nothing to fear from the fanatic ravings of his fan base...

Yes, he's former military.

I am in the KW area. If I have to drive an hour to get to Toronto and then another hour to get across Toronto, then it isn't worth it for something that I would be doing purely for interest and curiosity. (I don't own any Deep 6 Regs.)

I am in the KW area. If I have to drive an hour to get to Toronto and then another hour to get across Toronto, then it isn't worth it for something that I would be doing purely for interest and curiosity. (I don't own any Deep 6 Regs.)

Aaahh, so it's a distance thing...not some other sinister thing that I thought people were alluding to. Fair, fair enough!

Who is to say I'm not planning just that? I did post in my reply that lead to this thread that I was. However, the in person is more fun and also will save a few bucks.(doing at par)
I had hoped to have the online class up by spring, it will be $200 USD and also have a lab component that the student will have to book and do (also online) with a Deep 6 service class instructor.

By the way, in what world do people think threatening me with being kidnapped will get me to do something? For that this just moved to a tier lower than anything else priority.
The online class or the clinic?

The online class or the clinic?
gonna do a online class, just started working on the outline (OK, I just started having somebody start on)

For the Ontario folks, this will save them money and I get a donair while I am there.

I am hoping that the location will be somewhere out by the airport. (If it is in the east end of the city, then that could be a deal-breaker for me.)
For sure, I'll fly into the airport and rent a conference room at the hotel I stay at or close by, unless somebody has a room we could use as a classroom (in which case they will get a free class)

Back
Top Bottom