Deep 6 Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaydo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got a deep 6 excursion recently and was wanting to know what log apps it will connect with and how to do it. Right now I will be switching from a aqualung i300c to the excursion. I use diverlog+ with the i300c perfectly however I have tried to connect the excursion with it via Bluetooth and nothing. I have downloaded a multitude of other apps to try and connect with it via Bluetooth and I can not figure it out. Can anyone help me please.

This thread (towards the end) has some useful troubleshooting steps for Bluetooth:

More info might help others help you. What operating system?

Hi Kaydo, I don't have a Deep6 Excursion, but I have used a DeepBlu computer and now a Shearwater. I use Subsurface, which is free and open-source dive log software, available for windows/mac/linux. I can see Deep6 Excursion in the list of supported computers, so I suggest that you give it a shot. Aqualung i300c is on the list as well, so you should be able to import from your old computer too.

I got a deep 6 excursion recently and was wanting to know what log apps it will connect with and how to do it.

Hi Kaydo,

We added support for the Excursion to libdivecomputer a while back. It is the open source library used by most dive logging apps (including subsurface) to communicate with various dive computers. I believe a few others like MacDive and Diving Log have already added support, but you would need to check with them.

I got a deep 6 excursion recently and was wanting to know what log apps it will connect with and how to do it. Right now I will be switching from a aqualung i300c to the excursion. I use diverlog+ with the i300c perfectly however I have tried to connect the excursion with it via Bluetooth and nothing. I have downloaded a multitude of other apps to try and connect with it via Bluetooth and I can not figure it out. Can anyone help me please.

Well Dive Story will connect. I have gotten Subsurface to connect, it's a little tricky, have to go into advanced settings and "see all available devices" and I've had to use the pin "123456".

Doing it on a MAC or a PC can be a real pain.. it's possible, but there's a lot of variables. Most people have better luck using a mobile device and then syncing with a PC / MAC. (this is true for many dc's, Shearwater included).

Thank you everyone for the reply's. I will check into subsurface to see if I can get it to connect. I will also reach out to diverlog and see if I can get them to update so I can connect it to there app.

@MaxE We have submitted updated code to libdivecomputer for parsing our logs.

Back
Top Bottom