Deep 6 eddy fins - Are they still being made? Where can i get some?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deep6gear.com is showing black and orange in stock for the XL's.
Wait, XL Orange is showing in stock? They're not...

edit: L orange and XL orange are showing as out of stock when I try to add to my cart. (There's a notification that pops up above the pictures saying "This product is out of stock") If you're not getting that message and you can add them to your cart, please let me know...

We're currently out of Orange L and XL... We expect to have them again in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Perfect, i am going to order a set from there. Does anyone have experience ordering these out of the US? I am planning on ordering a set to spain and selecting free postage option but was unsure if they ship out of US using the free postage

Yes, we ship to Spain. No, we won't ship them free - free shipping is only to the Continental US. What size and style boot does she wear? I'll be able to tell you what size she needs. :D

For those that are out of the loop, please refer to my post in the New Website Thread here: New Website

In a nutshell, Daniel, the problems you're having is stemming from us not having our website fully functional yet. We've recently rebuilt it from the ground up and are still working out the kinks. Unfortunately, this takes time, and while many companies have the luxury to employ 20-50 people to build a website from scratch, we're not that big. We have 2 people... Landon and myself.

On the plus side, looks like our issues saved you the trouble of ordering the wrong size fins! :wink:

Best,
Bill

She is between 9.5 - 10 UK size, and wears 5mm aqua lung super-zip neoprene boots..they are pretty large for womens feet! (We won't tell her i said that :wink: ) I Will wait until the orange ones come back in stock to make the order. Do you know which is the cheapest shipping option i am able to select?

thanks for all the swift replies guys!

edit: the boot size she wears is EU 44

She is between 9.5 - 10 UK size, and wears 5mm aqua lung super-zip neoprene boots..they are pretty large for womens feet! (We won't tell her i said that :wink: ) I Will wait until the orange ones come back in stock to make the order. Do you know which is the cheapest shipping option i am able to select?

thanks for all the swift replies guys!

edit: the boot size she wears is EU 44

Go with our Large _or_ XL's. There's no way she'd fit in a S/M, or the XXL's. The Large will be nice and snug, but shouldn't be too tight. (If the boot had a thinner sole, Large would be the only recommendation). If those are her 'wetsuit' boots, and she sometimes dives dry, go with our XL. She could also go with the XL's if she moves the spring straps in all the way, but there will be play in the foot pocket. We're hoping to have our orange L and XL's back in stock within 2, maybe 3 weeks.
Unfortunately, I don't know what the cheapest shipping option would be to your exact area... I'd suggest putting a pair of L Blacks in the shopping cart, then 'estimate shipping' in the shopping cart with your address. Our estimate shipping matches exactly what we actually charge. Keep in mind, some Countries add duty or other import taxes that we have no control of, and we cannot estimate those fees. Check with your local Government to determine if any duty or import taxes exist that you'd have to pay when the fins arrive.

Best,
Bill

Last edited:
I did an estimate to my address in england and the prices were a little high :(
I did an Enquiry by going on eBay and finding something similar, for a pair of Scubapro jet fins which i think are a little heavier with USPS priority mail tracked mail for $51 from south carolina

$195.51 Worldwide Expedited United Parcel Service
$210.62 Worldwide Express Saver United Parcel Service
$212.93 Worldwide Express United Parcel Service
$71.65 Priority Mail International United States Postal Service
$85.60 Priority Mail Express International United States Postal Service

Scubapro Jet fins also cost more. Well, technically, they cost a LOT less to make than ours, but our MSRP is lower than theirs. ie) we don't make nearly the profit margin on fins compared to Scubapro. (Rubber is significantly cheaper than the composite we use)

The cost we charge to ship is literally what the mail carriers charge us to ship the product + packaging costs. Besides actual weight, there's also associated dimensional costs. Also, whenever there's a discrepancy with shipping fees, we're good with refunding the difference, or eating the additional cost within reason.

Anyway, if someone wants to take a loss on shipping, that's on them. There's absolutely nothing we can do, other than take a significant loss on the product, in which case it would be better for us to refund a fin order and send the customer money instead....

On a side note: Scubapro Jet Fins w/ spring strap retail for $157. Add the $51 shipping and the price becomes $208. Our fins retail for $125- add the $71.65 shipping and the price becomes $196.65. Ours still come in cheaper. I really don't see the issue here. Also, there have been a lot of SP fins for sale on eBay... because our fins hit the market :wink:

We're in the business to create great gear at very reasonable prices, but like it or not, we still need to make a profit in order to stay in business. I'm sorry if our prices don't meet your expectations- they are what they are. (Feel free to scream at shipping companies for their outrageous prices!)

Best,
Bill

Importing into EU, there is a 2,7% duty for scuba equipment (use code HS9506.29) and local VAT on top of that (20% UK, 21% Spain). Remember that you have to pay duty also for the shipping and VAT for both shipping and duty.
JetFins ($208 including shipping) cost at least 210€ when if importing them by ordering online from the US.
Now you can get Jetfins online in Europe for about 130€.
There are some interesting JetFin style offerings like xDeep and Tecline, both have several models with soft, medium or hard flexibility. Both claim they have comfortable foot pockets.

I think Deep6 gear is very desirable and would really much like to see them having a store in the european union.
Currently it just doesn't make sense economically to import their products via SC with international mail or courier.

I think you took that the wrong way, sorry i think i worded it incorrectly and caused a little confusion - We have no desire to get any Scuba-pro jet fins, never have and never will. We currently use Hollis F1's which are great fins too but they are way too heavy. I love the Deep 6 fins already although i have never seem them in the flesh and think you've done an awesome job designing them! After my wife's pair arrive and i have had a chance to see them i might just order myself a pair as-well. I was just using a Scubapro jet fins auction on eBay to gauge how much they could send similar items from similar locations for and noticed it was cheaper than the website was quoting.

I was just using a Scubapro jet fins auction on eBay to gauge how much they could send similar items from similar locations for and noticed it was cheaper than the website was quoting.

I got it. I just used the same Jetfin example to elaborate on duty and taxes. I didn't wan't to start quoting anything for Deep6 while people from the company are participating in this thread. The cost structure is the same anyway.
If one orders over $250 from divegearexpress, they pay also international shipping. That is a very good deal as duty and taxes are applied also to shipping cost.

I have been looking at deep 6 fins myself too, but I think they ends up being too expensive unless I can fit them in luggage after visiting the US.
I still think the xdeep and techline fins in medium softness are probably pretty close to Deep6. Lighter than original Jetfin or F1 and somewhat more flexible. And they cost about 120-130€ in Europe.

Thanks for the input taimen, the x deep fins don't actually look too bad and they are only £125 over in england but i spoke with the misses about it and she and i are both really interested to try the deep 6 foot pockets so we are going to wait and order a pair of deep six's :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom