Deep 6 Eddy fin in Large and my size 9 foot....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
First off... An unqualified two thumbs (and two more thumb toes) UP for Deep 6 Eddy fins. I've dropped multiple posts on these. Mad Luv for sure.

I got them with the size 9 bootie... And with the spring in tight its foot crushing. Spring moved to loose, it's flopping all over.

So I grabbed a pair of my leather Converse Chuck Taylor shoes... Ah... Perfecto.

So this week I ordered the Deep 6 Boots (also size 9) to replace the booties.

They arrived so fast (again)... Today's pool trials are very promising. Snug fit = better control. As an underwater photographer, this matters as my hands are tied up and nearly all my mobility forward and back are managed by subtle finning.

They're pretty tough to get on. If my feet were wet, forget it. The internal neoprene 'sock' doesn't have a zipper... so you're tugging by the loop on the back of the sock. I grabbed a pair of Lycra socks and the slipped right on. :) Note to self... bring the lycra sox!

I'll get these into the ocean Saturday and Sunday and I'll have more to add then. But at the moment, I'm super excited.

Thanks, Deep 6.

-Ken

20191122_140817-jpg.551354.jpg

20191122_155920-jpg.551355.jpg

20191122_155952-jpg.551356.jpg

20191122_140817.jpg

20191122_155920.jpg

20191122_155952.jpg

Do you have wide feet? I wear a women’s 9 or mens 7, but either triple wide.

Do you have wide feet? I wear a women’s 9 or mens 7, but either triple wide.

Hope. I have princess feet (thanks, Dad....)

I'm 5-9.99999, about 174 and have size 8.5 feeties.... Pretty small feet.

Got out this morning through the mostly non-existent surf and scooted up and down the coast looking for something.... These boots fit great and the fins are just easier to control.

Very happy.

So you have 8.5 feet, ordered a 9, and are happy? I’m a 9.5 and considering a 10, but my last pair of size 10 booties were too big.

Jim

Hey

Yes - I was a little worried.... but they fit well. And in the water, I'm much more comfy with a little bit of wiggle room, ESPECIALLY when diving wet. I hate diving in a wetsuit, so I usually go a size up for wet diving so I'm not getting my toes rubbed raw.

Love me some D6 gear. Head turning stuff. I guarantee tomorrow on the boat, someone will say something about the orange fins, the pockets on the wetsuit, my brightazz orange laces on the boots or my awesome D6 Rashguard.

I'm putting the over/under at two of these four...and I'm taking the over. :)

- K

Hey

Yes - I was a little worried.... but they fit well. And in the water, I'm much more comfy with a little bit of wiggle room, ESPECIALLY when diving wet. I hate diving in a wetsuit, so I usually go a size up for wet diving so I'm not getting my toes rubbed raw.

Love me some D6 gear. Head turning stuff. I guarantee tomorrow on the boat, someone will say something about the orange fins, the pockets on the wetsuit, my brightazz orange laces on the boots or my awesome D6 Rashguard.

I'm putting the over/under at two of these four...and I'm taking the over. :)

- K
Do you know Deep 6 return policy on these if they don’t fit? I really want to try a pair but afraid even the size 5 may be too large. I can only find their return policy for errors or defects.

Do you know Deep 6 return policy on these if they don’t fit? I really want to try a pair but afraid even the size 5 may be too large. I can only find their return policy for errors or defects.

They're pretty awesome. You'll pay to send your stuff back (they're not Amazon...), but they offered to trade out anything that didn't fit me.

They answer their phone during business hours, and are excellent folks. Truly.

IMO, size matters. Size = comfort... get it right. They coached me into a Large wetsuit and they nailed it.

- K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom