Decompression Theory Spreadsheet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcbryan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There is an excellent article explaining some of the math behind decompression theory.
They also describe a spreadsheet where much of the algorithm is visible as the figures change but it appears that it is no longer available for download.

This is for learning purposes...I already have V-Planner but I'm more interested in just going through some of the calculations for each compartment in differing scenarios.

This spreadsheet looked like a good learning tool. Does anyone have anything similar?

The link is :Scuba Diving - New Jersey & Long Island New York - dive Wreck Valley - Gear & Training - Decompression Theory

and the spreadsheet is halfway down the page.

I couldn't find anything so I made my own using the info in the link cited above. It works pretty well. It's interesting to change figures (depth, time, and starting nitrogen load) and watch the effect in each of 16 compartments.

It also shows by compartment the allowable reduction in pressure so you can see that some compartments are ok to surface while others ...aren't.

You probably want something like Mark Elyatt's decocheck spreadsheet.

Go here

Scroll to about 1/2 way down the page and you can download it.

Haven't you asked this question before, Brian?

R..

You probably want something like Mark Elyatt's decocheck spreadsheet.

Go here

Scroll to about 1/2 way down the page and you can download it.

Haven't you asked this question before, Brian?

R..

Not that I'm aware of.

Back
Top Bottom