how to calculate where your first decompression stop is

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

🤔 gotta wonder what reason one could possibly have for embedding a pile of javascrapt in a postgres database...
Bobby drop tables.jpg

Since pretty much all high-performance linear algebra packages are still based on BLAS/LINPACK and all the trendy “ML” stuff is pretty much linear algebra in a wig, there’s probably more FORTRAN code used around the world than ever!
You mean compiled FORTRAN :wink:

See also: "cortana, format see colon slash eff why enter"

(Although that pre-dates cortana by a few decades).

You, Sir, must be an optimist: these days everyone who's anyone does algebra in NumPy.

NumPy is MATLAB reimplemented in Python: two wrongs that make you wish you were writing FORTRAN with a deck of cards and a hand punch.
NumPy can use BLAS and LAPACK (I think)

Obligatory Intel MKL link

(Won’t make you deco faster BTW)

🤡

I meant, the API is loosely MATLAB. Which, if you never had the "pleasure", is a whole 'nother kind of pain.

You, Sir, must be an optimist: these days everyone who's anyone does algebra in NumPy.

NumPy is MATLAB reimplemented in Python: two wrongs that make you wish you were writing FORTRAN with a deck of cards and a hand punch.

Numpy is pretty much what I was thinking of - last time I looked, it uses LAPACK internally for many of its operations (which is part of why building all the python stuff can be such a bear without precompiled wheels - you need a FORTRAN compiler to build some libs!)

Ugg JS and Python mentioned in the same thread. 🤢🤢

I only use JS long enough to call my Perl code, and I gave up in PY when I was told to use a spreadsheet module to make it pretend to build an array.:poke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom