Decompression sickness?....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corsair gets so many people because it's so deceptive.
"All in all, we are not physicians that I know of."
TSnM is in fact an ER doc and Im a long time paramedic, catherine is/was a flight nurse
Id say the bases are covered.

justleesa:
Well, that kinda kills the multilevel theory :(

lol, while the Corsair's sort of hard to be multilevel, I thought my dive @ keanu reef was more along that line. BUT, I did get an e-mail back from DAN saying they didn't think my symptoms sounded like DCS. They said if it were, the symptoms would've last longer than 72hrs. So I'm guessing I'm in the clear :D

Still, my lesson learned from all of this is to ascend slower next time just in case. It's also my guess the algorithm for the Veo is a little on the aggresive side so I should probably never let the nitrogen loading get into the red let alone go into decomp. Thanks for all the advice :bananalama:

23mins @ 103ft

oh yea, I wouldn't stay that long on the Corsair if I were you.

I will only do ten minutes there on air, myself.

Keanu Reef! shhhhhh, it's a secret.

Did you drift it, or do you know where the mooring is hidden?

itch808:
Well I usually aim for 30ft/minute or less, but both dives my buddy was low on air and didn't really let me know until the end. She was back on the boat with <500psi, while I was at 1200psi. So on our ascents she freaked a bit and tried to zoom up the line, so i'd guesstimate that in reality we ascended somewhere closer to 60ft/minute. We did however do a 3 minute safety stop on the 1rst dive and a lengthy 6 minute safety stop on the 2nd dive. Also since we were diving air while everyone else was on nitrox, we tried to be the first ones in on dive one and last ones in on dive two. Surface interval was pretty lengthy IMO, 1:24.

Conditions look and sound pretty good all around the island right now too, very tempting. That past weekend we had amazing viz ~150ft+ @ Keanu Reef, a site I've never heard of or been to before.
103&#8217; for 23min. on Air mix (use 110&#8217; with NDL 15 min; )
Total Deco Time: 23min minus 15min NDL, plus 5min. Minimum Deco equals 13min.

110&#8217; to 80&#8217; ascend 30fpm
80&#8217; 10sec pause
70&#8217; 10sec
60&#8217; 30sec
50&#8217; 1min. stop
40&#8217; 2min.
30&#8217; 3min.
20&#8217; 6min.
10&#8217; 3min. (or ascend from 20' to surface @4-6fpm)

60min. minimum surface interval (preferably 90min.)
68&#8217; for 28min. on Air mix (use 70&#8217; with NDL 35min.)
Total Deco Time: 6min.

70&#8217; to 40&#8217; ascend 30fpm
40' 30sec pause
30&#8217; 1min. stop
20&#8217; 2min.
10&#8217; 3min. (or ascend from 20' to surface @4-6fpm)

Ask Jo at IDH to show you how to figure out a Minimum Deco/Min. Deco Plus Profile on-the-fly next time. . .

catherine96821:
Keanu Reef! shhhhhh, it's a secret.

Did you drift it, or do you know where the mooring is hidden?

Didn't need to drift it, surface was choppy that day but down below it was pristine! It was even our DM's first time out there and no one else had heard of it. Viz was so good finding the mooring wasn't a problem. Not sure if conditions are like that all the time there but either way I'd love to go back there. It's too bad my pics didn't come out to well since I forgot to MWB again down under there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom