December 2023 Cozumel Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like the port has really been closed a lot -- sorry for those who have lost days of diving. Watching the wind predictions hoping it calms down a bit in the next week.
I don't know how to read the prediction. How does next week look like?

Name...............................Date......................Staying At.....................Dive Op
in too deep..........................11/25-12/2...............Casa Mexicana.....................Tres Pelicanos (3P)
gopbroek..............................11/26-12/5...............?.................................................3P
bradmond............................11/28-12/9................Casa Ileana............................Punta Sur
Sasha_RI+1..........................11/29-12/16..............Occidental Cozumel..........3P
unregistered19+1.............12/2-12/9...................Casa Mexicana....................3P
NDL_Diver+1......................12/2-12/23.................North Condo.......................Aldora
chaad.....................................12/3-12/10................Casa del Solar Centro.......Salty Endeavors
Pbdiver84….........................12/5-12/15….........Amaranto/Casa del Mar…...Aldora
captnpat+1.........................12/9-12/16.........Wyndham-Hotel Cozumel.....Scuba with Alison
Zane+1.................................12/9-12/18.................Hotel Plaza Cozumel........3P
HatchetJoe..........................12/9-12/20.................Casa Mexicana....................Papa Hogs
-JD-++..................................12/14-12/22.......Stes. Colonial/Occidental.......Deep Exposure/Pro Dive
Alan P+1...............................12/16-12/23.............Hotel Cozumel.....................Scuba with Alison
milkeycanuk+2...................12/19-1/4.....................Casa in Town.....................Aldora
rmssetc+1ND......................12/22-1/2...........Hotel B/Tamarindo B&B.........Liquid Blue
whaleshark112................~12/22-~12/28.............?..............................................?
Rob9876+1D+3ND..........12/23-12/30..............Condo in Town....................3P
michshlomo+3...................12/26-12/29................Blue Angel..........................Blue Angel?
turtlegurl+1.........................12/28-1/13...................Blue Angel..........................Blue Angel

whaleshark112................12/22-12/28.............Casa Mexicana.............................................3P/ Maple Leaf Scuba

Just updated. I'm doing a couple days with 3P and a few days with Maple Leaf Scuba. Lets see how it goes, new to diving, drift diving and Mexico. Should be interesting.

@whaleshark112 Cool, feel free to update once you settle on a dive op and lodging. My whole family will be down that week, and my son and I will be diving with 3P most days and hopefully a night or two (will probably skip a day or 2 to do stuff with the 3 Non-Divers).

Just updated. I'm doing a couple days with 3P and a few days with Maple Leaf Scuba. Lets see how it goes, new to diving, drift diving and Mexico. Should be interesting.
Nice! My son and I will be doing morning 2-tanks with 3P on Sunday (12/24) and Tuesday through Thursday (12/26-28). We've also requested night dives on Tuesday and Thursday, in case anyone's looking for night dives (most dive ops have a minimum number required to go out at night).

Name...............................Date......................Staying At.....................Dive Op
in too deep..........................11/25-12/2...............Casa Mexicana.....................Tres Pelicanos (3P)
gopbroek..............................11/26-12/5...............?.................................................3P
bradmond............................11/28-12/9................Casa Ileana............................Punta Sur
Sasha_RI+1..........................11/29-12/16..............Occidental Cozumel..........3P
unregistered19+1.............12/2-12/9...................Casa Mexicana....................3P
NDL_Diver+1......................12/2-12/23.................North Condo.......................Aldora
chaad.....................................12/3-12/10................Casa del Solar Centro.......Salty Endeavors
Pbdiver84….........................12/5-12/15….........Amaranto/Casa del Mar…...Aldora
captnpat+1.........................12/9-12/16.........Wyndham-Hotel Cozumel.....Scuba with Alison
Zane+1.................................12/9-12/18.................Hotel Plaza Cozumel........3P
HatchetJoe..........................12/9-12/20.................Casa Mexicana....................Papa Hogs
-JD-++..................................12/14-12/22.......Stes. Colonial/Occidental.......Deep Exposure/Pro Dive
Alan P+1...............................12/16-12/23.............Hotel Cozumel.....................Scuba with Alison
milkeycanuk+2...................12/19-1/4.....................Casa in Town.....................Aldora
rmssetc+1ND......................12/22-1/2...........Hotel B/Tamarindo B&B.........Liquid Blue
whaleshark112...................12/22-12/28...............Casa Mexicana...................3P/ Maple Leaf Scuba
Rob9876+1D+3ND..........12/23-12/30..............Condo in Town....................3P
michshlomo+3...................12/26-12/29................Blue Angel..........................Blue Angel?
turtlegurl+1.........................12/28-1/13...................Blue Angel..........................Blue Angel

The direction of the wind is the major factor. East of north is usually not a problem while west of north usually is.
Thank you. Turns out I don't know how to read Windguru after all. I thought that if the Arron is south facing, it's a problem

Here is a more graphical representation
Any onshore winds on West side of island is bad (over 25 km/hr switch to km/hr in options or ~13 knots). Winds splitting island can also close ports. Once ports close they usually stay closed until it passes. It remained closed with winds of 18 to 20 km/hr and only opened today when winds shifted offshore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom