January 2023 Cozumel Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have a great time with Rene and crew. Bring a magnifying glass if you like the small stuff.
I am with Chili and at the Safari Inn Jan 22 and leaving early on Jan 28

Barbecue on the 22nd is a go! DM me if I haven't reached out and you can attend. I'll be making Pakistani barbecue and grilled fish. Vegan stuff, too.

Barbecue on the 22nd is a go! DM me if I haven't reached out and you can attend. I'll be making Pakistani barbecue and grilled fish. Vegan stuff, too.
No fair! Extend for a few more days pleeeeeeze!!!! Sorry we’ll miss you AGAIN!

Sadly everyones talking about a Norte coming in the 26th for a few days. I hope this mellows out as I was planning to dive 25th-30th.

My buddy Sean and I will be staying at Blue Angel Resort from Jan 28th-Feb4th. We plan on getting a lot of dives in, weather permitting. Two cool dudes that would like to dive with other cool people.

Last call for tomorrow's barbecue.

We're going to Cozumel Feb 12-19. PADI package, staying at Occidental and diving with the onsite dive shop, ProDive. We're advanced open water with Nitrox and are very active divers (we live in South Florida), however we are new to travel dive trips.

Seeking advice:
1. Can we pack all the dive gear in a mesh duffle bag and check the bag? or should I pack our regulators in our carry-on?
2. Does the dive operator keep your gear for you for the week, having it set up for you on the boat?
3. I know not to drink the tap water.... but are alcoholic drinks on ice safe? Thinking the alcohol kills everything?
4. I've heard not to eat the salads because its rinsed in tap water?
5. What other food/drink precautions should I take?
6. Is diving a Cenote worth it? Does it require a special certification?
7. Do I need to pack bug spray ? Are the no-see-ums and mosquitoes bad?
8. I've been told the water temp is around 78-80 degrees, we're packing 3mm shorties, is that enough?
9. Do I need to bring lots of cash or is a credit card usually good?
10. It's all inclusive, but we may go into town, any recommendations for restaurants and things to do on a non-diving day?
11. We are DAN members
12. Anyone else staying at Occidental Feb 12-19?

Thanks!

1, carry on regs and computer
2. depends on the shop
3. Ice is clean and safe
4. Eat salad at better restaurants, not on the street
5. Don't eat too much and don't drink too much
6.Yes but only if the port is closed to diving on the island or you have a long trip
7. yes but only around dusk and mostly at the beach bars
8.If you have enough bioprene you will be ok but I use a full 3 mil
9.Don't need to bring lots of cash. Use one of the bank ATMs to withdraw pesos

10. Research and explore

FLturtle………1/8 - 1/26…………Sunscape Sabor………….Dive Palancar
@FLturtle, we're thinking about Sunscape soon. How were the beds? Would I need my blowup camp mattress? Anything else notable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom