Dec 13th Beach Diving Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
Well... Krista.... I was hoping to be gearing up for dive 2 round 9:30ish!

Anybody up for a sunrise dive... like as in watching the sunrise from below? In the water by 6:15 or so...hot coffee afterwards....

A lady after my own heart! I wish that I had the vacation time and money to join you. I remember the last sunrise dive that I did was awesome. (Even though the sun was basically up by the time we actually got into the water!)

Keep the calendar open for spring!

Fred - I do not bring my inflatable boat on dive trips!! Hey you missed it when we had the turkey cooker strapped to the back of the van....let me tell you bout a story bout a man named jed!

You are bad! But who is keeping track!

It would almost be worth the trip just to see you get knocked over by the waves. I hope someone brings a camera.
In the mean time I'll be picking up those big teeth in Venice. I'm going to my honey hole.

If I did'nt know better I would say you are jealous!

My water heater came in last night. Brand new shiny E-8 130.
Come on down and kick sand on it..get it broke in.

:)

I gotto stay close to home this weekend.
ANd yes I'm jealous. But I'll make due.
Of course you could come over to Venice on Sunday so I can kick sand on it then. I'll help you with your trim.:D
Fred

I'm attending the Scuba_Jenny school of bouyancy & trim this weekend. Primary reason for the water heater...lol. Besides guy,
I cant handle the temp. I'm a tropical kinda fellow. Period. Still
looking forward to diving with you again though.

Be safe

:)

Oliver you crack me up!

Last night after about 9 the wind just turned around and started blowing like mad from the west for a bit, and then died. This morning we were back to "lake" conditions. For those who must have numbers, 2" to 3" swells at the swim bouys with 5" breakers on the shore (yes, that's INCHES). There does appear to be a south current, but I didn't have time to swim out this morning. Water temp has to still be low 70s... I don't see any reason it should be lower.

This is Thursday, and my neighbor (a marine consultant) claims that Saturday should be good and Sunday even better. Remember who said that - it was Greg for those who have been by - and not me (I take full responsibility, but not the blame if things go to hell before the weekend). Greg has not failed to be correct yet, but he has a secret advantage that he won't even share with me. I'd concur that if the surge remains as it is we should have 50' visibility or more... IF.

So, with all the Christmas parties and events going on over the next few days I'll find some time to pick up the soup makings... the turkey bones are already in the freezer waiting for a big swim overnight Friday.

Now, nobody make any big plans for this dive... don't jinx us!!!

MikeJacobs once bubbled...

Now, nobody make any big plans for this dive... don't jinx us!!!

I don't have any plans. Nobody has any plans right? :)

I think that I might clean the house, or go Christmas shopping, or mow the yard, or......something since I am not diving LOL :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom