Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4. Dork Divers like diving in warm tropical seas.

I think Swiss are not compatible with DORK, because in Switzerland, all great lakes (Lake Geneva, Lake Lucerne...) are very cold at 40°F, even in Summer.

Just acting like a dork is good enough. :dork2:

Dear Dork Divers,

I have completed my first two confined water dives for my PADI OW class. I have found that it was roughly one-million times more fun than I thought it would be - and I thought it would be super duper fun in the first place. Is it true that I will soon become hopelessly addicted and wind up spending 99.999999999% of my income into brightly-colored snorkels and other SCUBA gear in the near future?

I thought that Do it Dorkers dove independents.

Dear DorkDivers,

I live in the Netherlands, and as we all know... that's BELOW sealevel. It reallt feels weird to be 10ft below sealevel and still be dry... But being very concerned about the global warming that seems to be going on at this moment. The poles are melting and guess where is the water will end up? Yep, at my doorstep! Would it be wise to take up a DD specialty or should I wear my snorkel 24/7, just in case? :confused:

How long does the specialty take, do I have enough time to get my cert. in time?

I'd ask 300BAR, he lives there as well. I think he just wears his BC all the time, just to be safe!

Personally, I'd recommend wearing a drysuit everywhere. Keep a spare mask in the thigh pocket, of course, as that may come in handy as well.

My first quarter at university I was in the dorms and had an illegal water bed in my room. I found a large metal fire extinguisher cabinet, a red one with the glass door that has "In Case of Emergency - Break Glass" written on it. I mounted that on the wall and kept my dive gear in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom