Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must be a DORK!!! I don't understand a damn thing you just wrote, so guess I'll just put em on and go diving....Thanks!!!!! LOL

Get this book, it's quantum physics but it's a pretty good read. I like the part about the comparison of throwing a guy and a rock off of a building...the second time :D

Real physics never made much sense to me, quantum physics in that very basic form feels intuitive :dork2:
Ber :lilbunny:

I have 2 'L's . You might have 2 'R's.
I'll swap one of my 'L's for one of your 'R's and we should be all set.

But where do you wear the one marked "M"??????:D

But where do you wear the one marked "M"??????:D
Um... *you* can wear that wherever you'd like. Your wife, on the other hand, probably wants the ones marked "F". :D

You're not kidding.

Who said I was.:D

DD is a subject I take VERY serious.:rofl3:
btw are black snorkels DIR.:D

Black snorkels are *not* DIR. Black snorkels are DIB. *Red* snorkels are DIR.

(Diving In _____.)

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:You cost me a keyboard
To bad we can't have sound smileys in here.

Last edited:
Dear fellow Dork Divers,

I bought a retractor for my computer, but it was too small because when I got in the water with it, my computer pulled all of the line out. I then bought a bigger retractor with a lock to try it again next time. I hate to waste equipment. Any ideas for the old retractor?

I had the same problem when I bought a retractor for my little point and shoot camera. I now use my small retractor to keep my inflator hose for my BCD in place. (I dive a BP/W and I found the hose tended to "disappear" behind my sholder) If you have a dive slate you could use the retractor for that as well. Or in true DD styule, as an emergency backup snorkle keeper.

When there will be the technical diving DORK? :D

It's already here.:D

SC Snorkel

CC Snorkel

and Cave Snorkel 1 comming any time now.:dork2:

All part of DD-F

Dear Dork Divers

I need some help figuring out what to do about a problem with my fins. Somehow I ended up with two left fins. Both have a great big "L" on the back of them.

I bought another pair of fins, the same except blue instead of black, but again both of them were Left fins. Everytime I go down to the LDS, show them my fins, and ask for one just like it, except with an "R" on it, they just laugh.

On a related note, when wearing one blue fin and one black fin, what side should the blue fin be???? When wearing my other pair of fins (also one blue, one black), should I reverse what feet I wear the fins on?

Awaiting your gracious assistance ......

Dear Dork Divers

... when wearing one blue fin and one black fin, what side should the blue fin be???? When wearing my other pair of fins (also one blue, one black), should I reverse what feet I wear the fins on?......

Most DD wear Red on Right and Blue on the left for the first dive. Alternate every dive. But since they are Black and Blue start with the Blue on the right.

Back
Top Bottom