Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Haiko,

May I suggest you take the DD snorkel specialty.
Duration will depend on the kind of training you choose,OC snorkel,SCsnorkel or the CCSnorkel course(15% discount when you take them all.:D

As a safety measure I suggest you allway's wear a spare snorkel.A BC and DS are mandatory in the Netherland anyway.:rofl3:

:dork2:rules.

Dear DorkDivers,

I live in the Netherlands, and as we all know... that's BELOW sealevel. It reallt feels weird to be 10ft below sealevel and still be dry... But being very concerned about the global warming that seems to be going on at this moment. The poles are melting and guess where is the water will end up? Yep, at my doorstep! Would it be wise to take up a DD specialty or should I wear my snorkel 24/7, just in case? :confused:

How long does the specialty take, do I have enough time to get my cert. in time?

Mandatory? They did not tell me during DorkMaster class. I will make a complaint at the DDDD! (Department of Dutch Dork Divers)

UMMM well ummmm ok here goes!... I recently bought new fins but I haven't been able to dive. It seems the fins I bought don't indicate whats the left one or whats the right one. I looked all over the both and can't find a L or R on either? Can someone help me with my delima......

UMMM well ummmm ok here goes!... I recently bought new fins but I haven't been able to dive. It seems the fins I bought don't indicate whats the left one or whats the right one. I looked all over the both and can't find a L or R on either? Can someone help me with my delima......
Fins are actually *quantum*, which explains your problem considering them from the perspective of classical mechanics.

Just like Schroedinger's Cat, the fins exist in a superposition of states. They are each left *and* right until observation collapses the wave function. Thanks to the principle of quantum entanglement, when one fin's wave function collapses to left or right, the other fin immediately is the complement.

So, just label one of them, and by definition, you're right. On the other hand, if you resist naming one, the superposition of states can be maintained indefinitely. Some divers like the word "superposition", which is why they never actually label their fins. (Surfers also tend to resist, as they don't particularly like collapsing wave functions. It just feels wrong.)

I must be a DORK!!! I don't understand a damn thing you just wrote, so guess I'll just put em on and go diving....Thanks!!!!! LOL

Mandatory? They did not tell me during DorkMaster class. I will make a complaint at the DDDD! (Department of Dutch Dork Divers)

Complaints can not be taken at this or any other moment.The lovely blond in charge of complaints has left the office.The DDDD however will listen to your funny story and file it.
:rofl3::rofl3:
As long as you at least take two of the DD snorkel specialty's.(hey we're Dutch,not realy bad folks but we NEED to trade):D

(hey we're Dutch,not realy bad folks but we NEED to trade):D
You're not kidding. When I was visiting a friend in Japan, we stopped by Huis Ten Bosch on the way to Nagasaki. (And can I say that it was rather surreal watching an abstract fairy tale based on Escher's art dubbed into Japanese and subtitled in English, Korean, and Chinese.)

Of course, I generally refer to it a "Dutchland Japan". The fireworks were cool, too. :biggrin:

I have 2 'L's . You might have 2 'R's.
I'll swap one of my 'L's for one of your 'R's and we should be all set.

Throw both of the fins in the air. Which ever one lands facing North, that will be your left fin. Or wait, is it your right? :confused:

/I can never remember

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom