Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm...so is this the real reason some dorks carry spare snorkels? In case one is damaged during a bludgeoning?

Ummm, no. BUT hiding fish food in their gear to make them "attractive" is ok. Everyone likes to feel attractive right? :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Attaching interesting/sexual objects to their dive gear when they're not looking should be acceptable, I think, as long as everyone else can see said objects and get a good laugh.

Uh:confused:...OK.....Dork means United States...
So, as a frenchman I really can't be a dork diver ?
And if I had a green card ? :D
Ah, you apparently didn't get the memo. "US" is now *solely* the written form of the shouted voice of the objective case generic self-inclusive collective pronoun. The country formerly known as the "United States" is now to be referred to solely as "Estados Unidos". This change in policy was partially in deference to the significant immigrant population, and partially because by changing the abbreviation to "EU", everyone will be even *more* confused, thus preventing the governmental organizations on either side of the Atlantic from having the time to come up with any loopy laws regulating diving.

(Or in other words, "Dorks 'r' us, but not with backwards upper-case "R"s that would get us sued by the big toy chain over here.", or by way of explanation, I'm *hungry* and I missed lunch! :biggrin:)

((And speaking of food, diving, and fishy attractiveness. I found an unopened fairly large jar of recalled peanut butter when I cleaned out my parents' pantry (since they *never* get around to it... they had canned goods that *expired* in March... 2000!). It's been declared unfit for human consumption, but it wouldn't harm a fish -- I ate a whole jar before the recall was announced, after all. Anyway, I keep forgetting to put it in my dive bag... :D))

Can you dive in a stream of consciousness if the thoughts are deep enough? And if so, what would your sac rate be?

Ah, you apparently didn't get the memo. "US" is now *solely* the written form of the shouted voice of the objective case generic self-inclusive collective pronoun. The country formerly known as the "United States" is now to be referred to solely as "Estados Unidos". This change in policy was partially in deference to the significant immigrant population, and partially because by changing the abbreviation to "EU", everyone will be even *more* confused, thus preventing the governmental organizations on either side of the Atlantic from having the time to come up with any loopy laws regulating diving.

:rofl3:

Oh yes ! I feel so sorry ... I'm a stupid batrachian !:shakehead:
Well, so EU on both sides of the Atlantic, what a great idea...but so far it remains a dream and we were the 1st EU, so you should change for "Es Un", or maybe "UE" ( witch sounds a bit like "you-we" : could be good isn't it ?)

Thanks anyway ! ( for making me laugh)
I feel more and more dork...:dork2:

4. Dork Divers like diving in warm tropical seas.

I think Swiss are not compatible with DORK, because in Switzerland, all great lakes (Lake Geneva, Lake Lucerne...) are very cold at 40°F, even in Summer.

4. Dork Divers like diving in warm tropical seas.

I think Swiss are not compatible with DORK, because in Switzerland, all great lakes (Lake Geneva, Lake Lucerne...) are very cold at 40°F, even in Summer.
On the contrary. Dork Divers like myself truly enjoy diving in cold water. It's a different kind of fun than diving warm tropical seas, but there's nothing anti-Dork about zipping myself into a drysuit for a "I can't believe it's not solid" cold water dive.

The point of item four is not that you *must* dive warm tropical seas. Rather, the point is that you understand that tropical paradise diving is fun (imagine that!) and that those divers who limit themselves to only diving tropical paradises should not be discriminated against because of it, since it *is* fun to vacation dive.

(Of course, I feel a bit sorry for divers who limit themselves so much, as I know how much fun I have when everyone else is hiding from the cold, but being a Dork Diver means that I'm not going to fault them for not having as much fun as I'm having. :biggrin:)

(Or in other words, "Dorks 'r' us, but not with backwards upper-case "R"s that would get us sued by the big toy chain over here.", or by way of explanation, I'm *hungry* and I missed lunch! :biggrin:)

((And speaking of food, diving, and fishy attractiveness. I found an unopened fairly large jar of recalled peanut butter when I cleaned out my parents' pantry (since they *never* get around to it... they had canned goods that *expired* in March... 2000!). It's been declared unfit for human consumption, but it wouldn't harm a fish -- I ate a whole jar before the recall was announced, after all. Anyway, I keep forgetting to put it in my dive bag... :D))

ummm, what he said......yeah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom