Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Stuck in the Desert,

Wearing your gear while wallowing in the sand is a sign of severe scuba withdrawl. Therefore, you must find yourself a silly hat to wear instead. This tends to alleviate the draw of donning scuba gear in non-dive sites. If you find yourself a silly hat, we can hang out.

Signed,

The Dork Queen...

Thanks you ohh great Queen. . . You are the best ever!!!

Dear Dork Divers,

I am in the dessert, would it be considered bad form to get my dive gear sent here to dive in the Aussie pool?

Signed,
Stuck in the desert?

No, It's not bad form at all! At least you will be diving!:D

Stay safe over there!

Dave

LOL hmm seems there is a difference of doctrine for this. . . is there really a corerct anwser?? . . .

I am in the dessert, would it be considered bad form to get my dive gear sent here to dive in the Aussie pool?
Depends. If it's a chocolate dessert or a dessert with lots of crumbs, it's considered common decency to rinse off before diving in the pool so as not to cloud the viz. If it's just freezer pops or other clear, sugary desserts, you can probably just hop right in.

Of course, after being in any dessert, you'll want to rinse thoroughly before going into open water so as not to attract hungry fish, which might consider bits of you to be quite a tasty dessert.

(What's that? Oh, sorry. Desert. Gotcha. Um... nevermind. :biggrin:)

Should Dork Diver be under Technical Diving Specialties, rather than a Non-Geographic Group? Maybe, abbreviated as DIF (Do It Fun). And even allow non-DIF answers to questions?

Hi Valwood, every dive should be DIF!! :D

LetterBoy... sometimes the answer varies depending on what day of the week it is.

And as far as dessert goes. Moose Tracks ice cream. Or maybe a nice brownie. Or Key Lime Pie. Or Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Or any flavor of ice cream. Or anything sweet for that matter.

I'm going to go rummage through my pantry and see what mixes I can find... it's only 9:40. I could have dessert ready by 10!

PS don't tell Almity. She might rat me out in the fitness thread!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom