Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked:
Great link! I needed that after reading what happened in the "Dork Divers take note" thread!

Land Locked:
What they say about bikes, does it work the same for scuba? How can I get these horrid images out of my mind and get my diving zen back?

:zen: is found by clicking the "more" button in the smilie box (although I couldn't find it and had to type it in from memory...).

I have to say Dork Diving is like jumping in cool water on a hot afternoon, after reading the DIR forum stuff :)

MentalMarine:
I have to say Dork Diving is like jumping in cool water on a hot afternoon, after reading the DIR forum stuff :)

Only if you jumped in and left your mask or fins (or both) on the boat!:rofl3: Welcome to our corner of the world.

MentalMarine:

Come on over, we don't serve any stinkin' kool-aid, it's ice cold beer for us!:wink:

Dave

Dear Dork Divers:

I don't know how I missed this thread. My question is: I now have more posts than dives. Does that make me a dork?

Buc Chick:
Dear Dork Divers:

I don't know how I missed this thread. My question is: I now have more posts than dives. Does that make me a dork?
Not really. It just makes you a type-writer. :D

(You can be a DD regardless of your typing or diving numbers. :biggrin:)

Dear Dork Diver,

It's going to rain. And thunder. Should I put on my gear and sit on the front porch in anticipation of a flood? Or would that be a little much?

Signed,
Live to dive, Dive to see fishies, Fish to eat, Eat to be merry, Marry for love... do you want me to keep going or have you had enough?

Dear Liver,

As a well-trained Dork Diver, you need not put on all your gear in anticipation of a flood. As you know by now, putting on your gear in the water is no problem. Just assemble your BC, tank, and reg and tie it off to the front porch, then go get your mask, snorkel, and fins and wait for the water to arrive.

When the flood begins, it's much easier to start by snorkeling, anyway. Unless you live in a deep, narrow valley below a large dam, the water will come up fairly slowly. By snorkeling at first, you'll be able to get in the water sooner. Once it's deep enough, get your tank on and enjoy.

Dear Dork Divers,

I am in the dessert, would it be considered bad form to get my dive gear sent here to dive in the Aussie pool?

Signed,
Stuck in the desert?

Back
Top Bottom