Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Dorkdiver,

I just have a question regarding terminology:

Is a stroke a kind of dork diver, or is a dork diver a kind of stroke.

i mean, I use a homemade BC with an Airsource 2, and breathe freom a short hose, so that makes me a stroke. Does being a stroke make me a dork diver too? :D

Dork Divers do not care what gear you use as long as it is safe. Remember, Dorks divers don’t get into name calling, we just dive to have fun!

Dave

Doc Ed:
Is a stroke a kind of dork diver, or is a dork diver a kind of stroke.
No on both accounts. A stroke is somewhat like an embolism, and by all accounts it is anything but fun and far from safe. On the other hand, a Dork Diver is someone who quite enjoys having safe fun.

Can't get much less similar than that, eh? :biggrin:

Also useful if you've chartered the local university's rowing team to get you to the wreck site.

Also important in performance motors. But I won't bore you with that. :rofl3:

Its also can be used on a snorkel, when your dive buddy isnt around :wink: :no

merxlin:
Also important in performance motors. But I won't bore you with that. :rofl3:

Mike, You should not crank people around like that!:wink: Have a great time in Roatan!

Dave

Teamcasa:
Mike, You should not crank people around like that!:wink: Have a great time in Roatan!
Dave

Thanks Dave, all packed and ready to go. I just hope they'll let me dive without my D-Card!

Back
Top Bottom