Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my favourite foods is jalapeno peppers. A friend told me that if I eat them within six hours prior to going diving that my stomach expand so much on ascent that it would explode. Is this true?

Dear TedTim,

They tried to explode a stomach on Mythbusters using pop and mentos and that didn't work. But, hey, give it a shot. You never know!

dontaskme:
Dear Dork Divers
Im new to SB, and some of the abbreviations confuse me, especially LDS. I live here in Vegas and LDS stands for Latter Day Saints ( a religious org.). Is that what everyone means when they say support your LDS ?

Local Dive Shop. I had LDS moments when I was first here, too! Which are better than PMS moments any time!

RoyN:
Can I change my title to DDHF in place of Senior Member? I want to be one of the few Dork divers in California instead of those arrogant idiot D.I.R.

Dear Dorky Roy,

You ARE one of the few Dork Divers in California!

Beware- if a mod (any mod- and they don't tend to admit guilt easily) decides to change your title, it may turn into a "Corrupt-a-Wish" scenerio. Unless you are a red member, you can't change your own title. So they can mess with you.

What? You thought I asked to be Cupcake Girl? I'm not even 100% about who changed it (or the prior changes... I seem to be an easy target!) but I suspect Net Doc was involved...

Dear Dork Divers,

I currently own two silver tanks. They don't match my snorkel. And they don't have the netting on them. Whenever I'm on a dive boat, I really envy the other divers who have the pretty colored tanks AND the netting.

My question: Is there a Specialty Course to teach me how to covertly throw these divers overboard and steal their tanks when nobody's looking?

scratchmyback:
Dear Dork Divers,

I currently own two silver tanks. They don't match my snorkel. And they don't have the netting on them. Whenever I'm on a dive boat, I really envy the other divers who have the pretty colored tanks AND the netting.

My question: Is there a Specialty Course to teach me how to covertly throw these divers overboard and steal their tanks when nobody's looking?

No need to throw them overboard :D A "scuba hide" is what you need. It's much less expensive than a new colored tank AND you can change them when you want a "new" tank :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Wow! I think I am even more of a dork then I was a day or two ago. As I just found this thread now!

Ok I'm in!

I hope I get to answer a few questions. I am thinking of changing my title to Queen Dork. Or at least putting it in my profile somewhere. :winky:

Anyone like it? :)

Ber Rabbit:
No need to throw them overboard :D A "scuba hide" is what you need. It's much less expensive than a new colored tank AND you can change them when you want a "new" tank :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Those are very cool! Do they come in pink? Will somebody try to steal them off my tank when I'm in the water? Can I beat them with my snorkel?

RoyN:
Can I change my title to DDHF in place of Senior Member? I want to be one of the few Dork divers in California instead of those arrogant idiot D.I.R.

Roy, please remember that in order to be a Dork Diver, we do not criticize other divers for their choices of equipment or method. :no Remember the ultimate DD reply to critiques of your gear/dive methods is "So what?".

Natasha:
Wow! I think I am even more of a dork then I was a day or two ago. As I just found this thread now!

Ok I'm in!

I hope I get to answer a few questions. I am thinking of changing my title to Queen Dork. Or at least putting it in my profile somewhere. :winky:

Anyone like it? :)

I've always been a fan of royalty. Although "Queen" is pretty lofty. And there are a few other DD's who may challenge you for the throne, most of them women. :rofl3:

merxlin:
Roy, please remember that in order to be a Dork Diver, we do not criticize other divers for their choices of equipment or method. :no Remember the ultimate DD reply to critiques of your gear/dive methods is "So what?".

Yeah you're right merxlin, its just those California D.I.R. from the nor.cal. forum has been giving me so much problem I just want to run them over with a tractor, but I won't do that, I'll just calm down a bit and think of them as blabbing fishes instead. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom