Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Dork Divers,

At the dive platform on Monday I got snickered at due to my ill fitting 3/2 wetsuit. Since it is a guys suit the sleeves are too long so I turn them back at the cuff, this was apparently funny to the uber-tec fella standing next to me. I looked at him and in my best Dork Diver fashion said "COWABUNGA" and did a flying back entry into the water...grinning like mad the entire time.

Did I uphold our credo well enough??

Sincerely,

Queen

Queen:
Dear Dork Divers,

At the dive platform on Monday I got snickered at due to my ill fitting 3/2 wetsuit. Since it is a guys suit the sleeves are too long so I turn them back at the cuff, this was apparently funny to the uber-tec fella standing next to me. I looked at him and in my best Dork Diver fashion said "COWABUNGA" and did a flying back entry into the water...grinning like mad the entire time.

Sincerely,

Queen

Now THAT'S what a true Dork Diver does! Welcome to the club!:D

Dave

Queen:
Dear Dork Divers,

Sincerely,

Queen

Extremely well done!

:wave-smil :wave-smil

Dear Dork Divers,

It has been two long weeks since I've been diving. I'm planning a four dive weekend and I'm wondering, should I take a refresher course?

One of these I'm hoping is going to be a night dive, what is the current HOT color for glow sticks these days?

Thanks in advance,

Dear Dork Divers

One of my favourite foods is jalapeno peppers. A friend told me that if I eat them within six hours prior to going diving that my stomach expand so much on ascent that it would explode. Is this true?

Ay carumba

For night dives, I've heard that at least two, if not three, strobes (not those wimpy tank lights) are recommended, two attached to fins and the third on the tank.

That will let the other divers keep their eyes acclimated for when they surface.

(If passing another pair at night, be sure to point your flashlight at their masks, too, to check for signs of stress.)

:)

So much for the carnival necklass' glow sticks I had been saving.

I guess I better start charging some batteries!

Thanks.....

Land Locked:
So much for the carnival necklass' glow sticks I had been saving.

I guess I better start charging some batteries!

Thanks.....

Oh no.. glow necklesses are fine for night dives. Just don't loose them in the water!

Dave

Can I change my title to DDHF in place of Senior Member? I want to be one of the few Dork divers in California instead of those arrogant idiot D.I.R.

Dear Dork Divers
Im new to SB, and some of the abbreviations confuse me, especially LDS. I live here in Vegas and LDS stands for Latter Day Saints ( a religious org.). Is that what everyone means when they say support your LDS ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom