DC1200 Rebate question for Joe (or anyone else who may know)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heydn62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Joe,

Have a question about the $50 trade-in rebate for the DC1200.

Fine print says: Purchase a SeaLife DC1200 model (with a list price of $449.95 or more) from an authorized SeaLife dealer.

I have an SL321 that just died and would like to trade it in. An on-line retailer I use sells the DC1200 for 449.95. I can get a 10% discount on my next purchase, which would bring the cost down to about $405.

Since the camera does have a list price of 449.95, I interpret this as still qualifying for the rebate, but I didn't want to buy the camera and then find out that it doesn't. Can you clarify this for me one way or the other.

Thanks

I am surprised that you didn't get an answer as this is the forum that is supposed to send Joe a notice on any new post. He skipped on of mine one time, but it was a comment maybe not worthy. :silly:

My personal, therefore worthless, read on this is that since the authorized dealer "sells the DC1200 for 449.95," then you deserve the rebate.

The fact that you can also "get a 10% discount on my next purchase" would be separate.

I don't have a dead camera to trade in so I am waiting until January to see if I can get a better price before a February trip. Now watch my grandson ruin my Dc500 on a January cruise. :shocked2:

Sorry guys, have been swamped here at the office!

In order for the rebate to be processed, our fulfillment center needs to see that it has a price of $449.95, so that should qualify.

Hey Joe,

Finally bought the camera, and I'm excited to give it a try in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. My receipt does not show the listed price, only the price I paid of 404.96. It does not mention the discount on the receipt. Would a copy of the web page with the list price sent along with the receipt be acceptable? Or should I contact the retailer and ask if they can send another receipt showing the discount?

Thanks Joe,

I called the retailer on Friday and they were kind enough to redo the receipt and send me a copy.

Back
Top Bottom