Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Saturated and satisfied we will be on the Island staying at Lions Dive Resort. Any suggestions on dive sites, local food, steak house, mom/pop hole in wall cafeteria are welcome.
Let's start with eating where there are too many to mention but current and old favorites would be, provided you have a rental, Sol foods that's always mentioned in this forum . Sunshine will entertain you endlessly and has the best pizza and brownies in Curacao if not the world. An old favorite of mine is the Ribs Factory. If you're in to fish then there is a new one opened up that I have been to way too many time already called Villa Vis at Caracasbaai selling fish by the weight. My personal fave is 100grams of tuna sashimi, 100 grams of raw seared tuna a basket of shrimp and a bucket pf beer and you've got a happy man smiling back at you. Brisa Do Mar which is also called Pop's place by the locals is a great one, very close to Villa Vis. Purunchis, a great local seafood place which is nothing fancy at all. Try Plaza Beui which is ca cafeteria style local place in Punda only open for lunch during the week. Whilst i haven't been yet I have heard great things about Soi 95 and Mosa cana.

Dive sites. Mari Pampoen never fails to impress. Porto Mari, Superior Producer. Do multiple dives there with Nitrox if you're certified to do so. One of the best wrecks in the Caribbean. Don't forget to take ID to show security to get in Cas Abao I have been assured is totes instagrammable. Directors Bay, Watamula, Sponge Forest, as far east as you are able to get will get you some of the best reefs in Curacao. I recently had a fantastic dive at Klien Knip which has a longish swim to the reef but was well worth it. I hadn't done that in many years and was glad to dive it again. Double reef is well worth it despite the walk to the entrance. You should find turtles there. You will find many people telling you to go to playa Piskado but that has turned into a circus now and you'll see turtles a Doble reef more often than not and also at turtle mountain in Caracasbaai on your way to the tugboat area. Thinking about it it would be nice to do a dive there and then go across the road and eat at Villa Vis. Genius idea!

I am often asked what my favorite sites are and having lived here for 20 years i discovered many years ago that my favorite dives are the ones I am doing at the time with the funnest people. That's what makes them memorable! When you can see amazing things, share them with your buddies at the same time goofing around with your nest bud's. It may sound cheesy but that's where I still get my enjoyment......oh and an ice cold beer at the end of the dive!

Whatever you choose to do......May the fish be with you!

Back
Top Bottom