Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi all!

I know many of you are planning trips to Curacao soon or are patiently waiting for your trip. I wanted to start a thread purely for fun: photos and videos of diving in Curacao. Hopefully this thread can give you an idea of what to expect from your diving in Curacao and also help you through the long days of waiting for your vacation. :)

Note: ONLY photos and videos from CURACAO should be shared here.

Cheers!

180921-San Juan-012.JPG 180718-Pierbaai-003.JPG

ScubaBoard will be there for my birthday! Woot!!!

I'm planning a trip for the spring for the family - Myself and my two boys (14/AOW & 11/OW) will be diving. I picked Curacao for the shore diving so the 11yr old could see a good reef. I was also there in 2004 and loved it! Most of the places I contacted said there wasn't much at 40' from a dive boat perspective and very strict on the jr OW limit. So shore diving with me it is. Curacao also has enough land activities for the other half/non-divers. If there are tips on diving around the island (where to get tanks, what needs to be setup prior to arrival, etc.) - let me know.

I miss diving in Curacao, I’ll get back there sometime.
Out near the end of Coral estates, a nice little hiding spot you can often see this nurse shark chilling at.
5A79E6FF-2E95-4F4E-9504-733600F16C40.jpeg

Not a lot on the reef but at Playa lagoon, you can watch the turtles all day.
706E7086-DE35-4F15-B0B2-A415D967BE6A.jpeg

Go west after watching the turtles and you can get a pic taken with Poseidon.

0E5D4DF2-3765-45E4-B0E6-6E59F8EBA049.jpeg

One of these days, for now it’s Great Lakes and quarries.

PICT0274.JPG

This was just laying in the sand in front of AllWest, all blue with no camouflage at all.

I'm planning a trip for the spring for the family - Myself and my two boys (14/AOW & 11/OW) will be diving. I picked Curacao for the shore diving so the 11yr old could see a good reef. I was also there in 2004 and loved it! Most of the places I contacted said there wasn't much at 40' from a dive boat perspective and very strict on the jr OW limit. So shore diving with me it is. Curacao also has enough land activities for the other half/non-divers. If there are tips on diving around the island (where to get tanks, what needs to be setup prior to arrival, etc.) - let me know.

I would definitely go for the shore diving! It's more convenient in Curacao than a boat and opens up a BUNCH of options for your Jr OW diver! I bet you will all love it. There's lots of places to get tanks and gear, it just depends on where you are located, but I recommend The Dive Bus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom