Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the pictures dated today if taken today the vis didn't look all the bad given it being the rainy season and what looks like a rainy week.

I just found this thread. I came for the first time in December last year and returning February 2023. It was a bit rainy, so I'm crossing my fingers for good diving this next trip. The December trip was in Willemstad. February 2023 is dedicated to Westpunt. Thanks for keeping us updated!

I was there last weekend, and not super impressed with the viz then either -- was that mostly due to rain? Water was actually crystal clear near the beach at the Marriott, but the dives were all hazy.
The viz has slowly improved and it is usually better than you experienced. The haziness seems to be down to the water cooling down and the massive mixture of fresh rain water mixing with the salt water.

From the pictures dated today if taken today the vis didn't look all the bad given it being the rainy season and what looks like a rainy week.
It's been crazy stormy this week and continues to be. Saying that, we have been getting better viz but the wind has died down to nothing so very little water movement to disturb the bottom.

I just found this thread. I came for the first time in December last year and returning February 2023. It was a bit rainy, so I'm crossing my fingers for good diving this next trip. The December trip was in Willemstad. February 2023 is dedicated to Westpunt. Thanks for keeping us updated!
We stayed at Marazul, in Westpunt, last January. A little rain, but not too much, and the visibility was quite good. Of course, I’m in New England, so 30 foot is considered good, 😂.
Have a great trip!

Erik

Anyone planning a visit to Curacao for Thanksgiving?

TurkeyDay.jpg

Back
Top Bottom