Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, as we wind down our holiday here I did feel the need to shout out the De Visserij Piscadera. This local seafood spot had quite the line but served the best seafood we had on our holiday. Worth the trek and the wait!

Nat and I will work on a Curaçao review we can post but the spoiler is : awesome diving!
Thanks to everyone for the tips on dive sites and prior reviews.
8327F884-6FE9-489B-A59A-B1F9963A90C7.jpeg

Well, as we wind down our holiday here I did feel the need to shout out the De Visserij Piscadera. This local seafood spot had quite the line but served the best seafood we had on our holiday. Worth the trek and the wait!

Nat and I will work on a Curaçao review we can post but the spoiler is : awesome diving!
Thanks to everyone for the tips on dive sites and prior reviews.
View attachment 733420
De Visserij is amazing! Just as a heads up, I did a trip report a couple weeks back in case you want to save yourself some typing on any bits I covered :)

De Visserij is amazing! Just as a heads up, I did a trip report a couple weeks back in case you want to save yourself some typing on any bits I covered :)
Great report @Rearviewmirror and we miss Curacao already!!

Nathalie wrote up our trip on her blog including some reviews of the Marriott resort and some Curacao land based activities, namely the parks and caves. Thought I'd share them here for anyone planning a trip to Curacao.

While a traditional hotel is not always the best for diving (we've gotten a lot of dirty looks while carrying our wet dive bags through various hotel lobbies), we found the formula worked pretty well in Curacao. Nat and I are both divers, but many have non-diving spouses/friends who would enjoy the nice beach with all the amenities here.

Anyway, too much to post with all the pics, so I'll just put links to Nat's blog.
She has some of our other trips written up there too.

Were ready to head back and already miss those crystal clear waters ...

Great report @Rearviewmirror and we miss Curacao already!!

Nathalie wrote up our trip on her blog including some reviews of the Marriott resort and some Curacao land based activities, namely the parks and caves. Thought I'd share them here for anyone planning a trip to Curacao.

While a traditional hotel is not always the best for diving (we've gotten a lot of dirty looks while carrying our wet dive bags through various hotel lobbies), we found the formula worked pretty well in Curacao. Nat and I are both divers, but many have non-diving spouses/friends who would enjoy the nice beach with all the amenities here.

Anyway, too much to post with all the pics, so I'll just put links to Nat's blog.
She has some of our other trips written up there too.

Were ready to head back and already miss those crystal clear waters ...
Excellent write ups! Next time check out Double Reef - my guide said 99% of the time you'll see turtles :)

If you've frequented Curacao, you've probably heard that nudibranch are not common here. Well, we're proving ourselves wrong lately, and have been seeing them more and more often. Fingers crossed they multiply and everyone can soon enjoy these awesome creatures :acclaim: This one was about an inch long.
Screenshot_20220811-141449_MX Player.jpg

Don't skip a night dive in Curacao! You're more likely to see cool critters like octopus and eels swimming around, lobsters and crabs coming out from the rocks, and loads of other cool stuff.

And for some reason, we see both of our resident seahorses together more often at night!

Anyone else have cool Curacao night dive stories and/or photos to share?

Attachments

• seahorse posing nicely.JPG
    seahorse posing nicely.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 31
  • GOPR4277.JPG
    GOPR4277.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 34
PS. now that I think about, that squid made a couple of circles around us, decided we weren't interesting, and bolted with literally a sonic boom. I knew they can go, but I never realized they can accelerate from 0 to 100 in under a second -- which is what it felt like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom