Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4 more weeks till I'm down in Curacao!

Question - I've hit most of the Curacao hot spots with the exception of the the Superior Producer. I'd do it guided and I'm wondering if it is worth it to hire a guide for. I personally enjoy wreck diving.

I'm also thinking about hiring a guide for Playa Largu since it's pretty far off the beaten path.

Thoughts on either the Superior Producer or Playa Largu?

34FF0A80-4C5B-418B-9DCA-040ED3CAD6EE.jpeg
Yesterday at Playa Kalki we came across a bait ball(my first!). Better with video, but somehow I keep getting an error message. Early in the morning we headed to Playa Grandi in hopes of beating the throngs of people. We saw multiple eels and amazing coral. Upon return, the crowds had already created a frenzy around the pier hoping for turtle encounters. Quite a few showed up, with one being a loggerhead. I managed to photograph the cutie while he avoided a pummeling by a Speedo clad tourist.
08D8E8D3-F714-447D-9694-5E4D297AE2DF.jpeg

Water should be toasty warm by then rhwestfall

We dive our home waters at 72 degrees (best it gets) in 3mm shorties. At it's worst it will be warmer than home. My usual diving at home is in a dry suit and temps are in the upper 30's. It will be wonderful!

I could have spent my whole hour dive in the bait ball we had at Piskado.... Daughter was having a blast with it.

When we stayed at allwest in '18 we dove playa piscado everyday and I think we had bait balls everyday right out front, sometimes shallow sometimes at the edge of the reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom