Day trip to San Diego for AZ divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've never done any Cali diving Nancy and I are interested but wondering what the diving is like and if it would be an appropriate dive site for her as a beginner OW diver.

Hi,
you can check out how La Jolla Shore looks like in 3D using our free dive simulator eDiving. :wink:
We have the HMCS Yukon too in case you want to get on a boat.

Ok, here's the Update!

PhxSki (Bill) and I are planning on diving from La Jolla Cove March 28th. We are meeting between 7am and 7:30am just west of the outdoor showers and restrooms in the grass area.

If any other Arizona divers want to join in, just send either of us a PM and we can update you on any other details. There's pretty much not much to it. We'll be meeting there in the morning and doing a few dives there at La Jolla Cove.

If there are any local San Diego divers that want to join us and possible teach us the area, the you are more than welcome to stop by and join us. We'd appreciate the conversation and the company.

Look forward to seeing anyone else there!

Dove La Jolla Cove with Josh on saturday morning. Got there just as the sun was coming up and set up on the lawn at the top of the stairs. Weather and surface conditions could not have been better. We and a few other divers had the place all to ourselves until mid morning when the sunbathers started to arrive.

First dive was straight out from the cove about 100 to 150 yards. Second and third dives were to the right and left of the cove following the contour of the shoreline. I was somewhat surprised that this is a relatively shallow area with limited bottom topography (not quite what I expected). Alot of heavy surge and very little depth combined to made navigating along the bottom a real challenge. Of the three dives, our maximum depth was only 40'.

Ran across the usual cast of characters; lobsters, a small sand colored ray and an occasional seal.

Have tentitive plans to dive La Jolla Shores early in June. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

Thanks to Josh. Beth and I had a great time.

Regards, Bill

I agree with Bill. That really was a great trip. Not very deep as I had thought it might be from La Jolla Cove, but stil plenty of live to see.

Thanks again Bill for the dives. Can't wait to go back again. I know I will be with my family there on June 8 - June 10th. Maybe I can dive there again one of those days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom