Dates for January Wrinkles dive

Choose ALL the dates that you can make it in January

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SLO and SB are definitely longer trips from San Diego. They are not day trips by any stretch of the imagination. It's about 325 miles from San Diego to SLO, which should take about 6 hours to drive. Santa Barbara is only about 225 miles from San Diego, which should only take about 4 hours to drive.

Since there is no CenCal forum, I think that those locations fall into our SoCal territory.

However, according to the SoCal Roll Call, there are currently only 7 people out of the 100 on the list in that area. This is why I had the idea of "weighting" the frequency with which we go places.

Just to pick some of the "coastal regions" from our SoCal Roll Call that we have been talking about, San Diego has 17 people, Orange County has 22 people, Los Angeles has 39 people and Ventura has 6 people. The inland communities of San Bernardino and Riverside have 6 and 3 people respectively and are closest to Orange County, so we could add them to the Orange County tally for a total of 31.

I agree that if people think it is too far to go that participation may be minimal.

Just thinking out loud again.

Christian

Speaking, if I may, as a member of the inland communities group:

I think all of us "inlanders" would much rather be associated with Los Angeles, not Orange County. You know, because of the cooties thing....

Hey Jim, LA's got more cooties than Orange County hehe

I'm up in Santa Barbara, w/ no traffic it takes about 2 and a half hours to get to Irvine (150 miles). I'd love to show you guys around my neck of the woods some time too. Best time for diving in Santa Barbara is during fall. I'd be more inclined to try a long weekend camping at Refugio or Carpinteria or El Capitan, that would make the drive for you southerners more worth it. It doesn't have to be camping, just at about 15 bucks a night for a campsite, its hard to beat the price.

Anyways, back to January... I can always crash at my parent's place down in Irvine so any weekend is good for me. Martin Luther King's Birthday is on the 17th, I got that off, anyone else have a 3 day weekend then? That for me is a good weekend. Location isn't an issue

mccabejc:
The most important criteria for me in determining where and when are these:
Where: someplace with water
When: a weekend
Otherwise, anything you guys decide is great. Me and my honey will be there. Unless we can't make it. In that case we'll make the next one.
Yeah, exactly what he said. Bring it on! I do like the idea of roaming up and down the coast (and Catalina) throughout the year. Good outloud thinking.
Claudette

What is it with you all and camping? I have yet to find a campground that has turn-down service and room service!!! :eyebrow:

Shut up! I am NOT high maintenance!

Ann Marie:
What is it with you all and camping? I have yet to find a campground that has turn-down service and room service!!! :eyebrow:

Shut up! I am NOT high maintenance!
You just haven't found the campground with the right cabana boy to take care of these things for you! :D

Christian

Actually, there's a nice place called El Capitan Canyon, they have like cabins and tents on platforms kinda.. my good friend had his wedding there, its also close to some diving.

very posh camping... http://elcapitancanyon.com/

sb_diver:
Actually, there's a nice place called El Capitan Canyon, they have like cabins and tents on platforms kinda.. my good friend had his wedding there, its also close to some diving.

very posh camping... http://elcapitancanyon.com/

NOW you're talking about MY kind of camping.... that looks very nice!

Jennifer

For me I will drive anywhere since I enjoy seeing new places and not the same thing everytime.

I also feel that Leo Carrillo is closer to Ventura area than L.A. area and I drove there twice in no traffic and it took me almost a 1 1/2hrs each time from my house in Torrance and I mapped it out to be 90-100 miles drive from Laguna which makes a huge jump north from our last meeting spot so imo L.A. area was past over and should be put into the upcoming rotation in the future.

I feel that a vote by the group on where and when to go is great and that we can't please everyone in the group on each and every outting.

Christian you do a great job on helping things get orgainized and you go above and beyond to help everyone out.

Thanks for all your help!

mccabejc:
Speaking, if I may, as a member of the inland communities group:

I think all of us "inlanders" would much rather be associated with Los Angeles, not Orange County. You know, because of the cooties thing....
That's funny! A dirt diver saying OC has cooties! Why lend credence to Ken's skewed view of California geography? Have fun in LA :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom