Dates for January Wrinkles dive

Choose ALL the dates that you can make it in January

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, it's time to make some decisions about the January Wrinkles dive.

It seems to work best when we make one decision at a time, so I thought that we would start by deciding on a date that the most people could make it on. I'm not including the weekend of January 1st and 2nd because, it will be a little difficult to plan for with such short notice during the holiday season.

After, we decide on a date then we can decide on a location.

Since it's already Dec. 20th and no decisions have been made about when to do a Wrinkles boat dive, maybe we should leave the boat dive until February. This way there is more time for planning it. Of course, that's really up to all of you.

This poll will end on December 28th. On December 28th (the Tuesday after Christmas), I'll switch this sticky poll out with a poll for a location. Once we decide on location, we'll put up a sticky thread for planning with the first post getting updated continually with the latest info. That seemed to work well for this month.

Christian

Boat diving this time of year can be problematic as many operators dramatically reduce their schedules.....so waiting a few months for a boat dive might make sense.

I know you are avoiding too many questions, but according to the 'cycle' are we on Catalina or back to S.D. area?

August was Laguna, September was Catalina, October was San Diego, November was Laguna, and December was Malibu, which means that...um...

Hell, I don't know what it means.

mccabejc:
August was Laguna, September was Catalina, October was San Diego, November was Laguna, and December was Malibu, which means that...um...

Hell, I don't know what it means.
It means it will still take place in So. California :D

Perhaps we can go with a simpler plan as the weather is always somewhat iffy in January. How about we get together and do some dives, and not plan on a BBQ extravaganza.

Perhaps we could do Old Marineland (Long Point) - ample free, good trail to dive site. Long walk down road to dive site. If conditions are not good there we can pop around the corner to Malaga Cove for a dive there. I know some divers from further away will not want to just do one or two dives.

I've always wanted to do Marineland. But I still think the BBQ thing is fun. Maybe not an extravaganza, but a few burgers during a surface interval is one of life's great pleasures. Especially if it's cold. Maybe some hot chocolate too. Does Marineland have a nice beach like Malaga?

I think we're still pretty open on location. I thought we'd get the dates figured out and then let those in attendance vote on where they want to go.

That said and to answer Otter's question, we went from Catalina to La Jolla to Laguna to Leo Carrillo (L.A/Ventura County Line). The natural progression would take us to Santa Barbara next and then San Luis Obispo. Refugio has a nice campground, but we may not want to continue north since it does traditionally get colder as we move through winter. We may want to go to Catalina (since you can spend the night for $25 per night) or go south for a bit of warmth and then go north as summer approaches.

Just a few ideas you can all think about. Maybe we can discuss it when we get to the location poll. What do you all think?

Christian

Mexico. Sea of Cortez. Maybe Cabo San Lucas. Ooooo, yeah......

Warm, no waves, lots of nice colored fishies.

mccabejc:
Mexico. Sea of Cortez. Maybe Cabo San Lucas. Ooooo, yeah......

Warm, no waves, lots of nice colored fishies.
That would be "Way SoCal"! :D

Christian

Where (for me) figures in greatly as to (when) I can go. I can go HERE anytime. I cannot got to Santa Barbara or even Catalina in January. a quandry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom