Dates for January Wrinkles dive

Choose ALL the dates that you can make it in January

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian,

I think you have been doing a great job at trying to get this organized... True I have not been able to make one dive yet hoping to make the January but just got a call today for work that may interfere. I would also like to thank you for helping out my buddy Mike who I had just helped buy all his gear. He quick question for you how much more weight do you think he will need? I already had him at 24 pounds I think I have 4 more I can toss his way think he will need more then 28? PM if you can. Going to take him out tomorrow for a dive and see if we can get it worked out. Hope to see you all soon.

Me

Also if looking at dive spots I would say Marineland would be fun with Malga as a back up or would love to get out to the Island for a day of diving with the Great Dr. Bill.

Christian,

I really appreciate all that you do for the Wrinkle's Dives. To coordinate such events without someone stepping forward to get everyone started would be difficult.

Hey when is MLK weekend? I know I'm in school so I get all those days off, anyone else get the day off? That might affect people's schedules that weekend. For me that weekend would be best.

Ann Marie:
Christian,

I really appreciate all that you do for the Wrinkle's Dives. To coordinate such events without someone stepping forward to get everyone started would be difficult.

I believe you are also one of those who take up the lead.........you guys rock.

I have had a great time at these dive events and I only want things to get better. Please allow a few days of discussion before you put up a poll. I do appriciate your effort and just would like some more feedback before we make these decisions.

I was hoping these events would go up and down the SoCal coast so everyone can attend at least 1 per season locally. (2 in a row in LA county isn't right)

No offense intended Christian, just giving you some feedback!

Thank You,

Yes, I'm with Sean..........organize one closer to the hot guys here in San Diego, even New Port would be fine.

I appreciate the votes of confidence, but I also think that there may be better ways to do things. I don't want my enthusiasm for things to get in the way of anyone having a say.

Sean has had some great ideas and I don't want to discount his advise or concerns. Hey if it weren't for Sean, I wouldn't have my handy dandy ultra cool depth finder! :crafty:

I believe that by listening to everyone's opinions, we will be in a better position to make the best decisions as a group for the benefit of all who participate.

By the way, I just went back and reread my posts and I actually don't think that I was making decisions without feedback from the participants. I tried to explain my thought processes and offered my opinions, but also asked for what others thought. Besides making the decision to put a poll together for a date before a poll for a location and excluding January 1st and 2nd because they are only 10 days away, I don't think that I have really made any decisions concerning the January Wrinkles Dive itself.

I'm sure that Sean and others will have some great ideas and I look forward to everyone's participation.

Christian

mccabejc:
Agreed, to some extent. While the WHERE may in some cases define the WHEN, in a purely existential sense the WHERE IS THE WHEN.
mccabejc:
That being said, and in the words of the great philosopher Claudette, LET'S GO DIVING !!!!!!
AnyWhere, AnyWhen, You Rock, Jim! Nitrogen should always be involved when considering the deep and weighty issues in life....
Your philosophically humble servant,
HBDiveGirl

divebuddysean:
I have had a great time at these dive events and I only want things to get better. Please allow a few days of discussion before you put up a poll. I do appriciate your effort and just would like some more feedback before we make these decisions.

I was hoping these events would go up and down the SoCal coast so everyone can attend at least 1 per season locally. (2 in a row in LA county isn't right)

No offense intended Christian, just giving you some feedback!

Thank You,
Sean,

No offense taken. I welcome and value your feedback, but hope that you feel I should be allowed an opinion as well.

I started writing my other post about an hour ago, but got interrupted several times in the process, so I just saw this. That's why it was posted 45 minutes after your post without reading your post.

I agree with you that it would be nice for these events to go up and down the coast, so that everyone can attend locally. So, I'll quote myself here from a previous post in this thread:

...we went from Catalina to La Jolla to Laguna to Leo Carrillo (L.A/Ventura County Line). The natural progression would take us to Santa Barbara next and then San Luis Obispo. Refugio has a nice campground, but we may not want to continue north since it does traditionally get colder as we move through winter. We may want to go to Catalina (since you can spend the night for $25 per night) or go south for a bit of warmth and then go north as summer approaches.

I mention Catalina because of the great rates at this time of year. I mention going south for the warmer temperatures. While Catalina is technically in L.A. County, it takes me longer to get there than to go to San Diego or Santa Barbara. So, I'm not sure why you would say "2 in a row in LA county isn't right". You make it sound like I'm trying to pull a fast one although I'm sure that's not what you meant. Quite frankly, (as I discussed with sb_diver over the weekend) I'd like to go to SB and camp at Refugio, which would put me in complete agreement with you on this point.

On the other hand, do you think that a few days of discussion about the date are needed before putting up a poll about the date? If so, I would disagree on this point. People are either available or they are not. While location would have a bearing on whether or not someone would be able to attend and I can see merit in discussing location before date for this reason, it didn't seem like a particularly bad idea to poll for a date without discussion. Of course, I may be misunderstanding your point here.

The bottom line is that I think we are on the same side here. We both have enjoyed these dive events and just want them to get better. I think that a few days of discussion before putting up a poll about the location would be in order and I thank you for pointing that out.

I'd like to know what others think about this, since I want to be sure to take everyone's opinions into account when it comes to casting my votes when it is time.

Thank you for the ongoing dialog.

Christian

I know we may not be to that point yet... but I vote for Catalina (like last January) or San Diego in January... I may be out of town when you get to that part of the vote so I wanted to get my $.02 in :10:

jennifer

Back
Top Bottom