Datamask Battery Hot Swap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Bate

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Datamask - (chapter 11 coming soon) - all previous computers were Uwatec so I am new to Oceanic's computers - my question is the manual for the Datamask states on page 130 that changing the battery on the mask will result in loss of repetitive dive calculations (No Deco Times / O2 exposure times) - but on the Oceanic web page they state:

Battery Hot Swap
Should you be in a tight spot between dives, the "hot-swap" feature allows you to change batteries between dives while maintaining all calculations.

I have emailed Oceanic on this apparant discrepency, but have not gotten a reply as yet - - do any of you that have experience with Oceanic computers or the Datamask know which is correct???

Thanks for your input

- S B

I've never had to hot-swap my battery so I don't know.

Give Mark at Oceanic a call. He knows everything. :)

I believe if you swap the batteries within 10 seconds, all of your information is retained in the memory of the computer.

I recently purchased the Datamask - (chapter 11 coming soon) - all previous computers were Uwatec so I am new to Oceanic's computers - my question is the manual for the Datamask states on page 130 that changing the battery on the mask will result in loss of repetitive dive calculations (No Deco Times / O2 exposure times) - but on the Oceanic web page they state:

Battery Hot Swap
Should you be in a tight spot between dives, the "hot-swap" feature allows you to change batteries between dives while maintaining all calculations.

I have emailed Oceanic on this apparant discrepency, but have not gotten a reply as yet - - do any of you that have experience with Oceanic computers or the Datamask know which is correct???

Thanks for your input

- S B

I recieved an email today from Doug Krause at Oceanic on this issue - they are pretty busy with trade shows and the like, but he verified that the DataMask does have the battery Hot Swap feature as indicated on the features of the DataMask on the Oceanic web site - - he was going to get one of their tech writters to look at the mistake on page 130 of the users manual to do a correction to it.

I'm glad he cleared that up. Just in case. :)

Yeah, they're kinda busy getting ready for DEMA.

And I feel your pain. I have the Datamask, Atom 2 and ProPlus 2. :11:

I recently purchased the Datamask - all previous computers were Uwatec so I am new to Oceanic's computers - my question is the manual for the Datamask states on page 130 that changing the battery on the mask will result in loss of repetitive dive calculations (No Deco Times / O2 exposure times) - but on the Oceanic web page they state:

Battery Hot Swap

Thanks for your input

- S B

FYI for Datamask owners - I recieved an official reply to the question of battery hot swap on the Datamask (question is quoted above) - here is the answer from Oceanic:

Talking with the engineer there is no Hot swap the book is correct and the website is not, with the light on it drains the system of power and you lose your stored settings. If you turn the light out it may save your settings, but not guaranteed.

So it would appear that unlike the Atom2 or some other computers it would appear that the Datamask DOES NOT have the battery hot-swap feature.

:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom