Dangerous Hurricane Dean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is really, really encouraging! We are prepared for the worst, so if this path holds true...we had some great hurricane prep practice...and next time will be a breeze!

I'm so glad the path is looking more encouraging. Christi, thanks for your blog. It's definitely nice to know what's going on. I'll still worry about all of you, but at least I'll have a little more information as to what is happening. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote from Mattboy:

Ooops, forgive me, oh self righteous ones,
for suggesting that someone might be looking for a little entertainment
in the midst of preparing for the storm. I'm very, very, very sorry.

For entertainment they should read this thread.
I wish I could give my personal blow by blow/thumbs up thumbs down to each post.

Some folks seem to be riding a very High seaHorse around here.

Quick, somebody start yelling at Dandy Don for chickening out on his vacation now that it looks like the hurricane will miss Cozumel. (fingers crossed):wink:

Christi:
This is really, really encouraging! We are prepared for the worst, so if this path holds true...we had some great hurricane prep practice...and next time will be a breeze!

Christi - I really hope that turns out to be the case. But I am happy to hear that everything is prepared. I just finished reading your blog. I hope everyone else is as prepared as you are for the storm. Please continue to keep us updated on the status down there.

I hope you got the email I sent last night. If not, it was great visiting with you yesterday.

Mattboy...Dandy Don already got yelled at on another thread!!

mattboy:
Quick, somebody start yelling at Dandy Don for chickening out on his vacation now that it looks like the hurricane will miss Cozumel. (fingers crossed):wink:
There is a story that I heard about aviation that goes something like this.

When the Boeing 727 was new, it had some amazing take off performance relative to other aircraft in service. One day a 727 pilot asked for "taxi back to the button" from a taxiway that intesected the runway 500 feet or so from the button of the departure runway. He heard a bunch of snide comments from other pilots over the radio about why he had to taxi back the extra 500 feet. His response was "it is one less thing that I have to explain if I don't make it."

I know that mattboy's comments were made in a bit of jest, but to everyone who made the decision to leave before it could be (or could have been) too late, good on you.

To those of you who live in Coz, I hope for the best outcome in a bad situation for all of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom