Danger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

133 hits in 7 hours.

Picture35-2.png

We were in Roatan most of January and now I will never go back! With the blue critters, the earthqaukes, the drug cartels, and political unrest, it is not safe for anybody to go there. I feel lucky just to have made it out! I have also read on the internet that the lionfish had invaded the island. The article said the lionfish had AK-47's and were attacking the tourists coming off of the ski lift at the cruise pier in broad daylight! I am so glad I believe everything on the net and stay well informed. I am never going again to that dreadful island....till maybe this summer and again in January.

The earth did not move for me while I was there, but I did check out the possible routes to the top of the hill on the cay - avoiding the cliffs and high line wires. :eek:

Danger! Danger!

I'm afraid it's true. Beware of the blue monster.

Attachments

• sarah-palin-b_3.jpg
    sarah-palin-b_3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 42
We were in Roatan most of January and now I will never go back! With the blue critters, the earthqaukes, the drug cartels, and political unrest, it is not safe for anybody to go there. I feel lucky just to have made it out! I have also read on the internet that the lionfish had invaded the island. The article said the lionfish had AK-47's and were attacking the tourists coming off of the ski lift at the cruise pier in broad daylight! I am so glad I believe everything on the net and stay well informed. I am never going again to that dreadful island....till maybe this summer and again in January.

Please post some pictures. I have always wanted to go, but given these dire circumstances, I have decided that whimping out may be the best choice.:dork2:

I eagerly await your summer and january reports before attempting the journey myself.:rofl3:

With all that has happened over the years around the Bay islands, this could possibly be the scariest thing to date. I just read that there is strange dinosaur type monster victimizing the coastal areas of Honduras. It is on the internet so it must be true. Please use all caution possible while spending time in or around the water. I wonder if this thing carries malaria?

Holy crap RTB! I seen the same thing...can this be true? im a little scared now about my trip down this summer...do u think maybe chavez has anything to do with it?

in ur honest opinion..Should I still go to Utila?:rofl3:

Does dinosaur attack fall under insurable risks for trip cancellation?

With 20 posts on the subject I am starting to seriously rethink this trip! :wink:

Does dinosaur attack fall under insurable risks for trip cancellation?

With 20 posts on the subject I am starting to seriously rethink this trip! :wink:

DAN insurance rep assured me that as long as you are wearing your dive gear when attacked/eaten by dinosaur and suffering either ground, water or aerial assault. You will indeed be covered for at least the unused portion of your trip.

However all life insurance benefits from DAN will be void under those same circumstances...well because you should have known better then to go to the freakishly dangerous Bay Islands in the first place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom