• Can't discuss under advisement of my attorney

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Never buy it

Votes: 35 19.4%
  • Polls are for chumps

Votes: 14 7.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think those with trip insurance found out that it didn't cover pandemics.
My upcoming one for September does although that is because I bought it back the first week of January before all the insurance companies wrote that into the policies.

I don't know how this is true. I haven't used a travel agent since my honeymoon, 25 years ago. If the deals were so much better, why have travel agents all but disappeared? Insurance should be about 5% of the maximum loss for the trip. If it's less, than there are probably reduced payout or tougher stipulations.

Firstly there are tons if agents. The perceived decline came from expedia and the like. People are told they can diy but they miss so much opportunity. The biggest thing is 99% of ta's don't charge you anything they are paid by the supplier. And your paying the same or more to do it yourself.

And how much it costs differs greatly based on package ie cruise or flights and hotel etc.

Really depends on policy. We had 2 cruises booked at the beginning of this bs for our anniversary and we got covered completly. They even refunded premium.

I previously attached my document on my plan purchased before all of this, but I also checked TravelSafe.com on new sales. Still covered.
2. Do limitations and exclusions apply to COVID-19 related claims? Does the Exclusion for Pre-Existing Conditions apply to COVID-19 related claims? Can the Waiver of the Exclusion for Pre-Existing Conditions apply?
TravelSafe’s travel protection plans don’t exclude pandemics or epidemics. Our plans do have exclusions and limitations just like any other insurance plan however pandemics and epidemics are not one of them. Just because we don’t exclude pandemics and epidemics doesn’t mean that someone can cancel due to a pandemic or epidemic. The same limitation and exclusions that apply to all claims also apply to claims related to COVID-19, including the Exclusion for Pre-existing Conditions. Most TravelSafe plans offer a Waiver of the Exclusion for Pre-existing Condition but not all. Our Basic Vacation Protection Plans only offers a Waiver when sold to residents of FL, KS, MO, VA & WA.

There are several other possibilities, discussed at TravelSafe FAQ | COVID-19 & TravelSafe Insurance FAQs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom