DAN insurance: worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I returned from a dive vacation a couple of years ago with a pain in my right sholder. I called DAN and they suggested seeing a local Doc. Doc said he couldn't be sure if it was DCS but suggested I take a ride in the chamber just to be safe. I spent 3 hours in the ER and 5 1/2 hours in the chamber at a cost of nearly $11,000 and DAN covered every bit of it.

I'd never dive without it. IMO the insurance is worth every penny I pay to have it.

DAN... two thumbs waaaay up! Worth it for the peace of mind.

Horror story? Diving with a young Australian couple some years ago in in Cozumel. She panicked at 100' and bolted for the surface. Long story short, she needed three chamber rides before they would clear her. No insurance. (Couldn't be bothered to pay the $1/day at the time.) Cost something like $15,000 USD when all was said and done.

Don't like DAN? Fine. But make sure someone has your *** insured.

DAN is the best !

I tore my achilles in March on an expedition. I had surgery at the best hospital in NYC. DAN has been great and covered 100 % , rehab and all.

I LOVE YOU DAN !

I will upgrade my coverage from MASTER also, before my next trip in OCT.

Also, they have some really nice gear on the cheap and it helps support DAN.

:wink:

So I see people touting DAN as a good insurance coverage policy for every diver...I am wondering if anyone has any horror stories of dealing with them?
I have asked DAN a few times to contact me regarding the Travel Guard travel insurance sold VIA DAN. I cannont get travel to respond to my simple inquiry "have you received my documentation?". I have also tried to get DAN to assist in this, as DAN represents Travel Guard on the DAN website. DAN has not responded either.

Worth it. I hope they are able to provide pro liability insurance in Canada soon.

Back
Top Bottom