DAN Diving Emergency Management Provider & On-Site Neuro course on Maui this summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KrisB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Aloha Everybody!

I'm planning on offering the full Diving Emergency Management Provider program, in addition to the On-site Neurological Assessment for Divers course sometime between July 19 and August 4, 2008.

With the DEMP program, you'll be trained as a Divers Alert Network Emergency Oxygen Provider, Advanced Emergency Oxygen Provider, AED for Divers Provider and First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries Provider. Coupled with the On-site Neurological Assessment for Divers Provider course, you'll be well-equipped to provide lay-level care to a patient with nearly any dive-related injury.

The cost for this course is $200, including materials. I expect the course to run a full day (approximately 8-9 hours), but we'll be basing the time on how well everybody is understanding the material -- it may be shorter, it may be longer.

For those of you who don't yet have your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating, you'll be happy to know that this course includes three PADI Distinctive Specialty certifications as well!

I'm hoping we can schedule a day that works best for a group of about 5, which is why I don't have a firm date set yet. If you are interested, please let me know what works best (and what definitely doesn't work) for you during this time period, that would be great! If there is enough interest, we could arrange a second class date.

If you have any questions that I haven't answered here, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

-kb
--
Kris Benson
PADI IDCS-232295; DAN Instructor 13015
Simple Scuba, DAN Business Member 1974336

Sounds like a good day of class Kris - Any word on the date yet? I'm on Oahu the whole time - but I'd like to hear how it goes.

Aloha, Tim

Sounds like a good day of class Kris - Any word on the date yet? I'm on Oahu the whole time - but I'd like to hear how it goes.

Aloha, Tim
Hey Tim,

No, we haven't yet fixed a date -- we'll be getting that under control in the next week or so. If you're interested in the course, I'm sure we could work out another time for you to do it... just let me know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom