Damn! Lost my log book!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back with an update: My son found my logbook and c-card in his backpack as we were packing to head home. I'm really happy to have it all back, and I really appreciate the great discussion here.

I can totally understand why some people don't log dives or keep a logbook. For me, though, it comes down to the fact I just like having it. I wish I would have found it in time to get it stamped at the dive center before we left, even though I understand it doesn't mean anything for my dive "career."

Just remember though, when you are 90 in a wheel chair peeing your pants, what will make your day is flipping through your dive log remembering all the great dives you had.

Just remember though, when you are 90 in a wheel chair peeing your pants, what will make your day is flipping through your dive log remembering all the great dives you had.
That's really funny. Last year I asked a couple of OW students to sign my log. When one asked why, I said I could look through it 30 years from now and may remember him. He asked "How old are you".--"60"--"Good luck with that".

Log Book

50 years of diving and no one has ever asked for my log book. I still keep it though. It's not so much filled with SAC rate or how much weight I had. It's mostly filled with what I saw. Who I saw it with. Email address and yes I still like to get the stickers on my log book. I like to sit back on a cold winters night and remember those glorious times. This is one of my favorites.
truk_blue_lagoon_dive_shop (1).png

I kept a log book for a few years. Lost it 2008 or so and haven't ever needed it.
I guess if your doing mixed gas or deep deep dives or something it might be more of an issue.

A PADI certification card has always got me anything I wanted anywhere I dived.

What's the chance of any dive center actually finding and calling the guy who witnessed that dive 18 years ago if they were even that anal about it?

Back
Top Bottom