Dallas Swamper meeting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dee you are correct on the date it is the 22 and 23 , im not that good with dates

phase, thats a good one, would be intresting to try that some time.:eek:ut:

as for meeting out at CSSP for the demo that would be pretty good idea, ans as we can dive in some dry suits

Here is the link for the DUI demo days up at Clear Springs... I'm planning on getting up there first thing on Sat. in the a.m. as I am hearing that they are expecting a pretty large crowd this year. I know that from my shop there are about 15-20 planning on going who DIDN'T attend last year!!

Dee --- if you do come.....I might have to pick your brain on digital camera's!!!!

oh yeah the link... (almost forgot)
http://www.dui-online.com/newsite/dog_clearsprings_2003_diver.htm

FYI...They have release forms at the top right of this website that you might want to print before hand...

Beast said even though he can't afford a DUI suit, he would at least like to look at one. Besides, I doubt they have one to fit his size 15 zabatos.

The website is confusing. How much is this shindig gonna cost? I'm probably not even going to dive. Do you have to be with a DOG to get in? The website says if you buy a ticket in advance the fee for CSSP will only be $15 but it doesn't say how much the ticket is! It sounds like if you aren't already a dry suit owner (DOG) you can't eat the dinner or get in on the raffle? Maybe we'll just stay at the opposite end of the lake! :wink:

So we'll get there Sat. morning. Beast will dive but it depends on the water temp if I get wet or not! But I'll have the camera with me just in case.

Are we going to the ballpark Sat. night? Somewhere else?

Hopefully I can make this one, had a hotel room booked last time and everything. Unexpected illness s*cks. The ballpark sounds great.

Will have to copy another video of dives to have playing in the background. Let a fellow have it that was in a dorm room a couple of doors down while on the research program this summer. He lives in Corpus and got very interested after I got back from TL diving with Dee and Beast. He got pretty pumped when another fellow and I were talkin' about Coz and Caymans. I even took him to the LDS where he inquired about OW course. I think I might have hooked a new Swampster. :D

Dee once bubbled...
Beast said even though he can't afford a DUI suit, he would at least like to look at one. Besides, I doubt they have one to fit his size 15 zabatos.

The website is confusing. How much is this shindig gonna cost? I'm probably not even going to dive. Do you have to be with a DOG to get in? The website says if you buy a ticket in advance the fee for CSSP will only be $15 but it doesn't say how much the ticket is! It sounds like if you aren't already a dry suit owner (DOG) you can't eat the dinner or get in on the raffle? Maybe we'll just stay at the opposite end of the lake! :wink:

So we'll get there Sat. morning. Beast will dive but it depends on the water temp if I get wet or not! But I'll have the camera with me just in case.

Are we going to the ballpark Sat. night? Somewhere else?

Dee i know what you mean by confusing but the event is open to everybody but its a event for the Dui Owners Group to meet and give feedback to the company.

the main event of the day is to try out DUI drysuits, and there BCs to, and included in the price of the ticket for the event is lunch. also in the morning is going to be a treausre hunt for various prizes, also this year Sea & Sea will be there to show off the product line and to let people try out there dx3000, and various other items.

in the afternoon they have a field repair seminair (fixing BC, drysuits etc) and i think that i link 15 dollars

then about 6 pm is a fully catered dinner which is like $8 and during that people for DUI usually talk about the company and it products and answer questions(last year it was Dick Long, founder of DUI)

also the fees for CSSP are as follows
Divers normally 20, but will be 15 because of the DUI tickets are like $5 (i still have to find a place near me to get tickets)

observers are like 10 (for the event i dont have a clue, let me email CSSP)

thats it i will try to get some more information for you

a good time for everyone to meet at the Ballpark? A general time would let people go to CSSP or where ever and congregate at the stadium that evening. I don't think I'm gonna do the DUI thing...or maybe...or...maybe not...or maybe...or....

Let's get this thing together, only 21 days, so many hours....:wink:

Tooth....Yes, please let me know what you find out. I put a message on the CSSP board last night. I don't care about the dry suits or anything else DUI has and Beast was just curious, it'll be at least another year before he gets a drysuit, so it's not even a big deal to him. Our Twin Lakes was already down to 73º yestrday which made my 3 dives pretty chilly. I'm thinking in 3 weeks you guys will already have had a couple of cold fronts and your water will be way to cold for me. I'll be happy being camp Mom and keep the chocolate hot and taking pictures! I would like to talk to the S&S guys, though.

Seal, if you don't do the DUI thing, we can hang together.

Ken....you can watch playoff games the other however many nights they are on, you only get one chance at the Swampers!

sealskin98 once bubbled...
Ken, what would be a good time for everyone to meet at the Ballpark? A general time would let people go to CSSP or where ever and congregate at the stadium that evening. I don't think I'm gonna do the DUI thing...or maybe...or...maybe not...or maybe...or....

Would 6:30pm be too early? There are a lot of things to consider. Among them are how many are going to be coming from out of town, how many are going to be coming from CSSP, whether or not I'll even get to come, etc. I should know something before long, and I'll go ahead and book the room this week.

Dee once bubbled...
Ken....you can watch playoff games the other however many nights they are on, you only get one chance at the Swampers!

It's not so much me watching the games....it's my job. I'm the statistician for our local cable outlet's high school football broadcasts, so I will be required to be at the games, if we're still playing (and the chances of that are extremely likely). As much as I LOVE being with you guys, I don't get paid for it....LOL
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom