Dallas Swamper meeting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phazeshyft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am wondering if we, in the Dallas area, are going to be getting together for any kind of...well....get together. i have only met a few swampers and would like to meet more. Maybe we can scare the crap out of a OW class down at CSSP. also, i am trying to get a group together to go to South Texas for a little rig diving.
the weekend of either Nov 14 or Nov 21.
who's interested? email me at phazeshyft@yahoo.com

It might just be time for another TSDT Rendezvous. Now that baseball season is over, it shouldn't be real difficult to get a room at the Front Row Grill at the Ballpark again (where we had the last one in January). Would Arlington be to far for you to come, or were you thinking of something more in the Dallas area? Arlington is pretty much centrally located for everyone, and I can be there in a matter of minutes. We had 20 in attendance at the last one, so there would be plenty of opportunity for you to meet some of the other Swampers. And, as usual, this invitation would be spread out both statewide and regionally. Just let me know...:)

Dive season is over for some us smarter cookies who know better than to expose ourselves to cold water, :tease: so another meet and great sounds good. We've been hunting an excuse to take another road trip. Scubatooth and I can talk cameras and another tour of the dive shops would be cool.

Count us in!

Phaze

well i think that alot of the classes are wrapping up for the season and i think the next big event at CSSP is going to be the DUI demo on Nov 23-24 and after that i think the classes will be done there for the season, because by that time it will be to cold for most people (Even me even though i dove there dec 1 last year and was in a 5 mm in lower 50 degree water and freezing my butt off, thats why im looking at a drysuit)

now if you want to scare a OW class should get a group of us together and get in a train set up and just swim perfectly under a platform blowing bubbles up there suits, that or get a bunch of scooters(fast ones) and a group of us buzz a platform real close:mean:

I havent laughed out loud to a post in a while but that got me. I just kept thinking of TopGun "voodoo one this is ghostrider requesting flyby......uh.negative ghostrider the patern is full"

Arlington is the perfect place for me to go, and i will find any reason to get out to the ballpark, even without a game.

How bouts 2 weeks, or is that too soon? i'd say friday the 14th or sat 15th. i don't mind cold water diving, in fact FixxerV16 thought i was nuts jumping in to CSSP at 78 degrees and all i had on was swim trunks. hey felt good to me.

Sorry, we have our club anniversary party in two weeks. We'll catch the next one. :(

why don't you come up for the DUI demo days and why don't we all plan to hook up there??

What's the date? 'Tooth mentioned the 23-24, that's a Sun and Mon. or is it the 22-23 Sat and Sun? We can do a Sat. at CSSP but with a 5hr. drive, we like to leave around noonish on Sunday.

Beast would probably enjoy trying out a drysuit. I'll talk to him this evening.

Saturday the 22nd works for me....that is, if I don't have to work. We will be in the middle of state playoffs then, so I will just have to see how things go. If you would rather meet at CSSP, that would be fine (no guarantee I could be there, though). Or...I can go ahead and book the room and have it ready, but I would need some help from the locals to meet and greet at the door, in case I can't be there. Let me know what you think...

I think that should be good for me.
=-)
lets plan on it being that day then

Saturday Nov 22nd. spread the word

Dallas Area Swampers Meeting (everyone of course is welcome)

its gonna be DA :boom:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom