Dalian, San Ya Diving China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biggles47

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone. How's the water?
I am trying to get some feed back about interests in Diving while in China.
So far what I have experianced is very limited and at most times not worth the while
unless you just like to to breath air under water.
I have done a few dives here in Dalian and even though I enjoyed the experiance it left me with little satisfaction.
No fish... well nothing spectactular and only a heap of starfish which to my horror they allow people to take home as souviniers.
Any way I am a 36 year old Australian who is currently doing studies and training to become a dive instructor.
I will teaming up with my Chinese instructor upon completion to improve the quality and satifaction in regards to diving in Dalian and later setting up in San Ya (Hainan island).
we are hoping to introduce more people to diving in China and hopefully bring back some of the people who had a bad experiance before...
we are also hoping to form an agreement with the goverment on some areas to be restricted from fishing and hopefully reintroduce coral and marine life back into those areas.
these areas will only be small in size but a good solid point to allow people to experiance some of the splenders that China has to offer in Diving.
China still has many area still yet to be discovered in regards to diving. I would like to hear feed backs from divers who will be located in Dalian inteh near future or others that have already had eh previouse experience and disapointment.
tilll then stay safe

go to goldshore yacht club located near xing hai park. the owners name is Herbert liu
he can speak english and can arrange for you to do some diving while you are in dalian.
his number is 13840999202.
he can provide all equipment and service. just tell him I refered you to him. My name is Rodney and he will give you a good deal.
hope this has been helpfull but I am afraid I am not in Dalian now.
Biggles47

I've visited Sanya before, and as you said, the diving sure wasn't the best.
Shallow, silty/poor vis, and not much to be seen for wildlife.

It was good to get wet, but I'm glad I wasn't there only for the diving...

Dalian should be cool enough water for kelp. Did you see any there?

Unfortunately, the diving on Hainan was subpar (was in 2004). Visibility was o-1-2 meters. The few clumps of coral were destroyed and entangled in fishnet.

go to goldshore yacht club located near xing hai park. the owners name is Herbert liu
he can speak english and can arrange for you to do some diving while you are in dalian.
his number is 13840999202.
he can provide all equipment and service. just tell him I refered you to him. My name is Rodney and he will give you a good deal.
hope this has been helpfull but I am afraid I am not in Dalian now.
Biggles47
Hi Biggles47, my name is Ming. Picked up your thread on your contact ; Herbert for diving in Dalian. Arranged with him to help me organise a dive day while I'm on vacation here for 4 days. Frankly, he's not been reliable. I'm here now and still, I haven't gotten wet yet! He doesn't call back with any feedback about the arrangements etc!I've brought all my gear with me too and you know how much that is!!
I'm going back to Shanghai in 3 days time. Are you here in Dalian or China for that matter? Perhaps we could chat on the phone? Mine's 1376 1188308. Am hopeful that you might have another operator you could recommend.

Hi Biggles47,
Its great to hear someone talking about conserving the reef, and even restoring the coral and marine life. Is anyone monitoring the reef around Hainan? We could learn a lot from the marine park management from around Mackay, Australia!

i am loking for a diving center to teach my kids diving in Dalian. do you know any place here.

Hi everyone. How's the water?
I am trying to get some feed back about interests in Diving while in China.
So far what I have experianced is very limited and at most times not worth the while
unless you just like to to breath air under water.
I have done a few dives here in Dalian and even though I enjoyed the experiance it left me with little satisfaction.
No fish... well nothing spectactular and only a heap of starfish which to my horror they allow people to take home as souviniers.
Any way I am a 36 year old Australian who is currently doing studies and training to become a dive instructor.
I will teaming up with my Chinese instructor upon completion to improve the quality and satifaction in regards to diving in Dalian and later setting up in San Ya (Hainan island).
we are hoping to introduce more people to diving in China and hopefully bring back some of the people who had a bad experiance before...
we are also hoping to form an agreement with the goverment on some areas to be restricted from fishing and hopefully reintroduce coral and marine life back into those areas.
these areas will only be small in size but a good solid point to allow people to experiance some of the splenders that China has to offer in Diving.
China still has many area still yet to be discovered in regards to diving. I would like to hear feed backs from divers who will be located in Dalian inteh near future or others that have already had eh previouse experience and disapointment.
tilll then stay safe

Hello everyone.
i am in dalian for summer and looking for a diving center to teach my kids.
if you all can recommend anyplace would be helpful.
thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom