Daily report for TsandM & WADiverBob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, I am getting SO worried that this is going to turn out to be an even more expensive trip than the Indonesia one . . . I was talking scooters at NWSD today, and everybody was telling me I would come home from this trip wanting one. Ouch.

Good tip to know that when one dives with Chris, one must be on one's toes -- although I'm not horribly slow at gearing up, myself.

Yes, there is something very much to be said about getting in the water with somebody you never dove with before and having it feel like old home week. That was the way I felt, diving with Tim in Maui. It's a really powerful idea, this standardization thing.

TSandM:
Oh, I am getting SO worried that this is going to turn out to be an even more expensive trip than the Indonesia one . . . I was talking scooters at NWSD today, and everybody was telling me I would come home from this trip wanting one. Ouch.
Two.

You need two scooters so you have one to share with a buddy. :eyebrow:

Well, I was whining about this to Peter, and he said, "How much is a saddle?" Dressage saddles start at about the cost of an X-scooter and go up. And then he asked the evil question of how much the thing you put the saddle ON costs . . .

Why do I think we will soon be a two scooter family?

Rick Inman:
Let me tell you, this guy Chris does not screw around. He was not there to mess around – he was there to dive! These guys threw on their gear and jumped in so fast I had to rush to keep up – and I’m a hyper diver.

That's my motto... no screwing around :no

I'm kidding of course. I just hate to lag when the water looks like a sheet of glass.

Anyway, Wow what a great picture of me showering! I'm so proud :D

You sure picked the right week to come down! That was an awesome run! For the Lobos regulars the run was (get ready) Ramp to Hole in The Wall then off to Three Sisters (where we saw the beautiful Salp Chain) back to lone Metridium then North to Beto's Reef then back then to Hole in the wall then over to the end of middle reef, north to The Whale Bones back South to middle reef then west back to hole in the wall to (successfully) find Jonathan's camera back east to the sand channel and then south / south west surfacing under the ramp. Yes...we covered A TON of ground!!!! What a ride!!!! Lots of flips, weaving through kelp and of course zipping around the pinnacles...so much fun.

** funny side story*** both Jonathan and Rick had black drysuits with Oceanic shadow masks! I was leading and when I would look back I swear it looked like twins behind me. Thanks goodness for all the stickers on Ben's X Scooter or I would have been stumped.

Thanks again for lunch Rick! It was great to meet you. Maybe next time Morgans coffee (or whatever they're calling it) will be open :coffee:

-Chris

TSandM:
Good tip to know that when one dives with Chris, one must be on one's toes

Oh please! Not even. Rick was in his gear and in front of my tail gate before I even had my hood on! I think he's projecting :)

I'm looking forward to next week! Let's keep our fingers (and any other available appendages) crossed for similar conditions! The scooters are charging as we speak! :)

-Chris

Great reports! Not much else to add though...just jealous.

TSandM:
Rick, you have been amazingly successful at avoiding diving with me . . . I finally caught Lamont, I'll get you, too, sooner or later :)

Rick Inman:
Two.

I think that clears that up :wink:

Mark

Rick Inman:
Two.

<deep sigh> This is soooo true. And thus our family spent dollars by the cubic foot.....

All the best, James

BTW Rick, we got two offers for Aquarium passes (I am a member so I have some) and one offer for a RIB for tomorrow. I'm too dumb to run a boat so I passed, but wow!

Mark

Mark, you should have taken me up on the inflatable offer :eyebrow: Since he's already done the scooter dive, you could have made his dive trip complete by boat diving Point Lobos. The view on the surface going back in is awesome, too.

We can arrange a day at Lobos where I'll show you how to work the thing and do a couple of dives. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to set up the whole thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom