Dacor XLE Pacer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rblackburn

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone know anything about this reg? Someone at work just brought it by and asked me about it. Can you still get parts for it? What's it worth?

Don't know about the "XLE" version, but I used to dive Dacor Pacer 2nds as part of the rental reg I had for too long.

Not a bad reg for "budget" but I really didn't like them and wouldn't buy one even used on sale.

I found the reg to breathe a bit wetter that I'm really comfortable with, when I'm inverted. Plus I did have freeflows from time to time in ice water, although the jury's still out on whether that was a 1st stage (Mares MR12) or 2nd stage problem.

You should be able to get parts for it, but it may take awhile. I remember rebuilding a pacer when I went through their service tech program up in Wis. As far as value goes I don't think it would be worth much now.
Bob

Yeah depending on where you are and if your LDS or whoever has stocked up before dacor went out of business.. The XLE (I think its the one with the tube inside) breathes like a dream. If this is the reg I am thinking of, the second stage breathes effortlessly. The first stages are somewhat out of date with their wierd shapes and appearances designed for better hose routing.

rescuediver009:
<SKIP> "before dacor went out of business.". <SKIP>.

Dacor is not out of business . Mares and Dacor merged last year. They had been sharing technology for years because they are manufactured in the same plant in italy. Dacor still makes some good regs, " the Viper Series" is the most popular of the line.

Ok not necessarily out of business, perhaps endangered species is better. And other than the viper (which isn't all that great or cheap) I don't see very much current stuff in around here.

If it's rebuilt and adjusted right, it should breathe better than the vipers. If your lds doesn't have the kit in stock, expect a looooong wait for the parts.
Bob

I have a Pacer 960 XLE with the swivel first stage and metal second. As I just posted in another thread, I absolutely love the reg. However, I can't get complete parts kits for it anymore thanks to the Dacor/Mares merger. So they F'd me good. A 5 year old obsolete reg. These companies will never get a single cent more from me. Repeated attempts to get service and help from either company have gone ignored as well. So If you buy anything from these two companies, take your chances.

Back
Top Bottom