Dacor Eagle Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zambezi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

A friend of mine dives with the Eagle Sport 1st & 2nd stage but finds it breathes quite hard at depths over 30 metres. I breathed on it at 38 metres and it was like sucking a golf ball through a hosepipe:shakehead

Firstly, is this normal for the Eagle Sport?
Secondly, if he wanted to upgrade, would he need to change the 1st and 2nd stage or would an upgraded 1st stage suffice?

Any advice would be much appreciated:D

Zambezi,

This does not sound right. While the eagle sport is not the top of the line, it should not breathe as hard as you make it sound. I would suggest taking it to your retailer and request they check to see if it is out of tune. If he wanted to upgrade to another Mares product he could certainly do just the 1st stage. Note in the U.S. we do not sell 1st and 2nd stages separately. Might be hard to find a single 1st stage out there.

Zak

Hi Zak,

I was sure I'd replied to you earlier but I obviously didn't hit the "submit" button. Sucking a golf ball through a hosepipe was just a figure of speech but there was quite a noticable difference at depth.

Anyway, we did what you suggested and had the reg serviced and tuned at Divetek S.A. before diving Protea Banks this passed weekend (max depth 36 metres). Decent tuning was definitely what the reg required, it breathed much easier compared to the first time I buddy breathed off it.

Once again, thanks for the advice.

Zambezi,

You are welcome. I will have to say your "figure of speech" was pretty extreme, and certainly shouldn't be an associated image of the performance of that regulator. Glad it all worked out in the end. :)

Sincerely,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom