Cypress Springs 2-13-05(Sunday)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Tom, Ill think of that next time Im diving there. Thats worse than worrying about Gators.

Uh Yoda, GmAn, and _Dawg - you're supposed to be the guys in the bib overalls with the beady little close-set eyeballs surrounded by facial hair growing down your foreheads - not the other guys...
Now get yourselves some of those SCUDAs (Self-Contained U/W Drinking Apparatus), load 'em up with some ripe corn likker, and take them shotguns down to 80' and do some huntin'.

I actually have a friend with one of the SCUDA setups :D I'll be sure to borrow it, stop shaving, and waterproof the ole 12 gauge.

Ginna go shoot meup somadim skirls affer Is done wit dis sic-pac O brewsky. :D

On a different note, I think I'm gonna finally try out the creek using the Zodiac, with any luck - I won't snag a submerged tree and rip a hole in my inflatable keel :D Fired my 9.8 Tohatsu up today, started without a problem, so all is well dispite the few months I've let it set.

Matt is there a "safer" place for that? Id be happy to test it out w/ you.remeber to spread out the weight.

Tom the problem is we DID see folks like that!

On another note, I got all my gear in!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what you mean by "safer" place to test it out? I know the boat floats, I know it can handle 2 divers and gear(and still plane out), and I know the motor is working :D I just don't know if there are any areas in Holmes Creek that are gonna keep me from getting upstream with a keel - the boat doesn't draft more than 1.5-2'(if that) - I'm hoping that'll be enough to keep me over all the submerged trees in the water. We always run up on trees while in the canoes(remember last time? :) ) but its usually because we don't turn quick enough or turn too much. I'm hoping since we have power to keep me going in the correct direction - I won't have to worry about zig-zagging into every fallen branch lying in the creek.

Congrats on getting all your gear over to the US!

Thats right, I forgot that the better the steering the safer it would be for the boat cause you able to avoid the crap. (by safer I meant no trees u/w, w/ branches sticking up) If it can hold 2 divers AND gear well that awsome!! If you wana test it out before then let me know :)

Tom Winters:
Uh Yoda, GmAn, and _Dawg - you're supposed to be the guys in the bib overalls with the beady little close-set eyeballs surrounded by facial hair growing down your foreheads - not the other guys...
I'z takin lessins from them fellers wee meat eech weak. I'z geetin betr I thank.

Yee Haw! (or WHOOOO! whichever fits.) I'm not sure where that leaves me in the plot?

GIVE 'ER HELL DALE!

Jason told me he found a boat and trailer with 115 hp motor for $600. I'm interested to see this in action on the creek. I'm not sure if he'll have it by this weekend, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

WaterDawg:
Thats right, I forgot that the better the steering the safer it would be for the boat cause you able to avoid the crap. (by safer I meant no trees u/w, w/ branches sticking up) If you wana test it out before then let me know :)

I understand now :)

I have Tuesday off(Mardi Gras) but I doubt I'll be heading out that way, probably won't have time to get out there until this weekend. Still looking to join SeaYoda on Saturday and then meet up with everyone else Sunday at Cypress.

You have Fat Tuesday off? WOW!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom