Cypress Springs 1-22-05 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
cool report and cool pics... love the Escher effect :wink:

as for the fin-strap, have you ever thought about getting the steel spring
straps? they are excellent, very comfy, and almost indestructible.

just a thought

My LDS actually just started carrying them(around Christmas), I have been looking into getting them. As it is - the LDS gives me fin straps anyway(apparently they are covered under ScubaPro's warranty). Shelling out a small sum of $$ may be better than riggin my fins with zip-ties(even as rare an occurance as it is) whenever I do get a break.

H2Andy:
... love the Escher effect :wink:...
The only difference between him and me is that he did it on purpose :D (and of course he made money at it too).

That was my first REAL spring dive (Vortex dosent count) I loved the clearness of the water and the differnt colors, the canoe trip was also great as you get to enjoy some of Floridas natural beauty, and what could be better.

H2Andy:
as for the fin-strap, have you ever thought about getting the steel spring
straps?

SBM,

Ill tell you about MY opinion of the SS springstraps. I have found about 8 fin straps u/w and one fin (w/o strap) it was also belive it or not a SP twin Jet. Do you think the warranty helped that guy out any? I know they didnt replace the whole fin and since they dont sell them separetly...It was expensive!!!

That or how about you doing a boat dive in the keyes or where ever and it breaks as your putting your fins on hopefully someone else has a zip tie, but do you realy want a zzip tie where you might encounter currents? Will the boat even let you dive like that? They dont refund $$ How about if it happens u/w?
SO for me I CANT afford NOT to have them as you can get them for 35$$.

SBM, SeaYoda, exangirl, it was good to dive with you all again! What a huge diffrence that closer boat ramp makes in the trip.

It was great to meet you outhole. I was worried I called you back too late Saturday night and you weren't going to show up! Thank you for teaching me the "J STOKE", I will add it to the rest of my paddling skills i.e, zig and zag. I guess all those years in the boy scouts really paid off, you are well trained and always prepared (with pink zip ties!) Next time I hope your wife can come too. :wink:

WaterDwg, I'm glad you enjoyed the spring dive, hope to see you again soon.

What a great report! Sounds like a fun way to "get wet!"

And SeaYoda, those are great pix. I especially like the turtle. What kind of camera were you using? Did you use a strobe?

One o' these days soon....!

WaterDawg:
That or how about you doing a boat dive in the keyes or where ever and it breaks as your putting your fins on hopefully someone else has a zip tie, but do you realy want a zzip tie where you might encounter currents? Will the boat even let you dive like that? They dont refund $$ How about if it happens u/w?
SO for me I CANT afford NOT to have them as you can get them for 35$$.

All good points, between you and H2Andy, I think you've got me convinced on buying a set.

Darcy,

What is the J-stroke??

Green with envy. We're (The Hodagg Family) are planning something next weekend. Have to watch the weather to see just what. Either Vortex, Merritt Mill Pond, or the gulf if conditions warrant. Will make that decision after everyone is over the creeping crud that is going around.

Aucilla:
...And SeaYoda, those are great pix. I especially like the turtle. What kind of camera were you using? Did you use a strobe? ...
I use the Olympus C5050 in a PT-015 housing. No external strobe - some shots used the internal flash.

You're not that far away, you need to join us on one of our adventures - especially since they are getting less crazy with each trip :D.

Tom Smedley:
after everyone is over the creeping crud that is going around.

...ugh. You aren't kidding, I've been coughing a bit last night and today, seems to be getting worse... I hope I didn't find my way into it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom